Chapter 9

Thanks for voting and commenting. You make my day. (;

Dedicated to xBoyBandLuvx for being a talented writer (check out her story Unstoppable, a Narry love story!) and for being an amazing person. Enjoy. (:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Harry's POV ]

I glanced back up at Louis, who was still shocked from the incident. I was too, no lie. I didnt even know how to stand at this point. Do I go tell Liam to say sorry? Do I tell Zayn to stop being a jerk? Do I tell Niall that Liam only said that in the heat of the moment? Whichever one, I couldnt just sit here and pray things get better. I pushed myself off of the plush gameroom carpet and helped Louis up beside me. He looked at me, his mouth still somewhat ajar. I wanted ever-so-badly to kiss his loving, pink lips but there would be plenty of time for that later. Right now, my friends are upset. My best friends. And they needed help.

"I will take Niall, you take Liam," Louis said, practically reading my mind. He just gets me, you know?

I nodded, then we took off in seperate directions. Liam has to be here somewhere. He obviously wasnt in his room, because Niall had gone up there. I decided to check the main hallway, looking in the kitchen and living room as I walked. Come on, Liam! You cant hide from me forever! And if you think you do, I would like to see you try! Okay, he wasnt on that side of the house, and he sure as hell wasnt outside. So where could he be? I walked past the bathroom in the hall, hearing a quiet sob. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Liam! I turned the silver knob, but it didnt budge. Liam must have locked it. I knocked lightly.

"Liam, open up," I said gently into the crack in between the door and the doorframe.

He sniffled. "No."

"Hiding will only make things worse."

"Nothing could possibly be worse than this..." he said, slowely opening the door. He only opened it to reveal half of his tear-soaked face and body, but that was progress.

"Yes, it could. I could be secretely dating Niall, too."

Liam slammed the door in my face.

"Liam, I was kidding! Nothin is going on with me and him!" I pressed into the door, thinking of why he would ever believe that. I knocked again, this time a bit harder.

"Go away, Harry. I dont want to talk!" he said back, forcefully. I could tell he was serious, and wanted to be alone.

I sighed. "Fine. But think about this. You are only doing this to yourself, Liam. You can cry all you want, but that wont calm the storm. You can sit there and do absolutely nothing, but that wont help with all the pain you are feeling."

I heard him sigh this time. I took a step back as the door creaked open again. This time, Liam opened it all the way. He motioned for me to come in, and I obeyed. I walked into the Lemon Pledge-scented bathroom and slid my back on the wall to sit down. Liam sat beside me, laying his head on his knees. I gazed at him. I dont want Liam to be hurt anymore. Not ever. He meant too much to me. I pursed my lips together and let out another sigh. He glanced up at me. He seemed disappointed in himself. If not, he was disappointed in what he had just done. Telling Niall that all of his feelings werent there. Thats gotta be tough on both of them. I cannot even begin to imagine all the hurt...the pain...the mix of emotions they must be going through.

"I shouldnt have said what I did," Liam finally said, staring straight ahead at the wooden cabinets. Thank God the toilet wasnt right there. "But if you came to make me apologize, you came for no reason."

I nodded in understanding. "Im not here to make you apologize, Liam."

"Then why are you here?"

"Im here to make sure you are alright..." I bit my bottom lip and smiled slightly. He didnt return it, though. He was obviously still upset, I know.