Chapter 33

[ Niall's POV ]

Liam continued nibbling at my lips hungrily. Any other time, I would have been so into this moment. So into this feeling of being loved. All the moans I normally would let slip from my lips were muffled and didn't make an effort to come out at all. It was too weird, too strange. I need to stop this. I mean, I hated when Liam cheated on me, but look at me. I'm being a cheater right now. Damn, I am such a hypocritical person.

"Liam," I breathed restlessly. I was still pinned underneath his toned and muscular body on this leather seat. It felt so distant, though. Like this was all some dream that went out of whack.

"Hm?" he hummed melodically into my ear. Liam bent down again and pecked my cheek. This time was longer than normal. His lips just lingered around my skin and stayed there until I spoke again.

"Stop, please." I know, I'm an idiot, but we need to talk this through. It will be very odd between us if we don't. Who am I kidding? It already is odd between us. Our friendship was drifting apart. Everytime I had free time, he was with Danielle. Everytime he had some time off, I was with Zayn. It was too much. I put my hands up and pushed against his chest. "Please, Liam. Get up."

"Why?" he asked. I pushed him off of me and watched as he sat down on the seat beside me. His brown eyes dug into mine, which made the current situation even worse than it already is. "I thought you liked it."

I sighed. "I did." My hand trailed up and rode down into my hair. It was soft and lush, but it felt so different. Everything is always different after Liam. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing..

"So why did you want me to stop?"

"Because!" I exclaimed. "It isn't right! You have a beautiful girlfriend who needs your trust and commitment right now! Look at what you're doing! How would this make her feel? And Zayn. Isn't he your brother? Why don't you respect him?" I raged. "What if Danielle was cheating on you with an American boy? You wouldn't like it!" I snapped, almost angry. Somewhat angry with Liam, and also angry with myself.

Liam's brows narrowed at me. "Since when do you care about Danielle?"

Did he really ask me that? "I may not have gotten along with her immediantly, but I care for her. She is part of the family now, Liam. She's your bloody girlfriend, for crying out loud!"

He shook his head and grimaced at me. I feel weird now. I never wanted to go off on Liam like that, but I just did. I can't take the words back now. They're already out there. Liam's face said he wasn't so pleased with my reaction. His brows were furrowed, his face was knitted in an angry expression, and his right hand was in a fist.

"Listen," I continued. "I know what being cheated feels like. It led to horrible things, like... cutting. I know Zayn and Danielle wouldn't like that feeling. So let's just pretend this didn't happen and move on from each other."

I think that comment about cheating sent Liam in a mental madness state of mind. His face was frozen at the memory of almost losing me and I could tell he regretted kissing me. Maybe I went too far mentioning Liam cheating on me. His face was drained of all color and emotion and he sat motionlessly in his seat. I sighed and looked down, regretting the words I chose. I took it too far; I already know. This was bad. Liam was hurt, I could tell. He looked worse than he did this morning when he came running into my arms with tears in his eyes.

Shit, Niall. You ruin everything.

[ Zayn's POv ]

"If they don't get here in five minutes, you're out," the studio-manager, Curt, announced with a stern look on his face.