Chapter 2 (Part Two)

After two and a half hours of arguing over the rooms, the boys settled on who gets what. Harry and Louis were obviously going to share a room, Liam and Niall decided to share as well. Well, technically, they did not really decide. Zayn challenged them to a mean game of Monopoly...and things did not go well. Niall ended up practically sobbing in the corner, Harry was comforting Niall, Liam got angry and flipped the board across the room then threatened to fight Zayn, and Louis was trying desperatly to break them apart.

"Now you see why we don't play games..." Harry said, flopping onto the couch beside Louis. He interwined their fingers and legs and leaned on him.

Liam eyed them carefully. "Whatever." He rolled his eyes at Zayn, who sent him a playful smirk.

"It's getting late, guys." Harry pushed himself off of the couch and stretched his arms into the air. "We'd better get to sleep, then we can go sight-seeing tomorrow."

All of the boys sat up mournfully and slowely, not wanting to go to bed. Although it was kind of late. Zayn sent Liam another challenging smirk. But the boys just went upstairs.

[ Liam's POV ]

After eating a quick snack, I was the last to get upstairs. I twisted the knob and pushed the door open slowely, just in case Niall was asleep.

Speaking of Niall, what was up with me today? Was I...flirting with my best mate? I couldnt have been, could I? That was just...weird. And awkward. Very awkward. But if I was flirting...what does that mean? I couldn't possibly have feelings for him, right? That isn't weird or awkward....its gross! Suddenly, I don't want to go into the room. But it was already too late..

And no, he wasn't asleep yet. He was far from it. Was he...shirtless? Since when did Niall sleep shirtless?! When did this habit start?!

"Oh. Hey, Liam." Niall smiled at me.

I couldn't even choke up an answer. I was too busy staring. Why is he not wearing anything?! Well, correction, he's wearing boxer briefs. But still! He must've noticed me looking.

Shit.

"Liam, you alright?" Niall asked, sitting on the large bed, swinging his legs up to relax in front of him.

"Never better..." I muttered, slowely inching towards the bathroom. "Its just jetlag. I'll be fine by morning.."

I ran my fingers through my hair and turned back on Niall, walking to the bathroom door. If he knew how I feel right now... God, I don't even know. Would he... Accept it? Wait, shut up, Liam! There is nothing to accept! I just...find it weird that he sleeps half-naked now. Sooo.. I am sleeping...in the same bed...with Nial. Who sleeps shirtless. I know I shouldn't be making anything of it, but really. How would you feel if you were in my position?

I changed quickley and quietly into my pajamas: a plain white flannel tee, and yellow and gray plaid pants. Comfy. I took in a gulp of air and opened the bathroom door. Niall was laying down. Was he sleep?

"Niall?" I asked. "You sleep?"

"No."

Damnit. I sighed and pretended to yawn as I walked to the left side of the bed. It was my intention and personal goal to sleep as far away from Niall as I possibly could.

I layed my body down, covering myself in the plush comforter.

There was a silence for a few minutes.

"Liam?" Niall asked, his voice almost a whisper.

"Hm?" I responded, using a fake-tired voice. I was laying on my left shoulder, so he couldn't see my face, which was probably pink. Which is so unmanly, so if he asks, my excuse will be because I'm hot.

"Can I ask you something?" Niall pressed on. I could feel him move just a tad closer to my body. His warmth sent a chill down my spine. Why is he so close? Can't he just wait until morning? Was it so important? I could feel his breath on my neck.

"Uh... Sure."

"Do you ever...think?" Niall asked.

Was that supposed to be an insult?! I immediantly turned over, facing his bright blue eyes. His blonde mass of hair was a bit messy, but overall, he looked great...

Ugh, here I go again!

I rolled my eyes. "Niall, I am not in the mood for-"

"No," Niall responded, cutting me off. "I mean, seriously. Do you ever think about your future?"

"What about my future?" I asked, maybe a little too slowely. I eyed him, but he kept his blue eyes away from my brown ones. He was looking down, at his pale hands.

"Like... Who's going to be in it?" he asked again. What was up with the questions? "I mean... Do you think we'll ever find love?"

I nodded. "Of course we will! What made you think of that?"

He sighed. "Because Harry. And Louis." He bit his lip attractively. "Everyone was so open to hearing about how they got together, but I don't want to watch that.."

"What do you mean by that?" Was Niall refering to...me?! Well, no need to jump to conclusions, but honestly. If he is talking about us, then what do I say?! How do I say it?!

"I want to be happy like that, Liam."

Whoa, did he just say that?

"You will...one day.." I stared at him cautiously, watching his every move.

"How do you know that?" he asked, reaching for my hand. Without thinking, I let him grab it. It sent a rush of warmth throughout my entire body. Damn, Niall, what are you doing to me?

"Because I know." Okay, that was a lame answer, but its true. Millions of girls would kill to be with Niall, he just needed to find the rigt one. "Because you are you. Sweet, charming, cute, funny, silly little you!"

Niall blushed, I think.. I dont know, I have never seen him blush before. "Thanks, Liam." He released my hand. Hm, I forgot he had it.

"Anytume, pal."

Niall rolled back over and dozed off gently, into a light sleep.

Did he just confide in me on something so....sincere? He kind of told me that he is jealous of Harry and Louis, but that wasn't possible..

Or was it?

Was he hinting that he wanted a relationship? And if so, with me?

Wait...

Niall said nothing about being gay. I AM NOT GAY! Stop, Liam, stoppit! I have no idea what the hell is coming over me...

But did I want Niall to be talking about me in the first place? If I did, I must have been fooling myself... Niall was my best mate. He IS my best mate. I can tell him anything, so why can't I tell him what I've been feeling...and thinking of?

Oh Inknow why. It was too damn embarassing. What if Niall laughed at me? What if he never wanted to talk to me again?

Well, we ARE in the City Of Love. Who knows what could happen? .......

**************

Hey! Thanks for reading. I like this chapter, do you? Please comment what you think, and vote! Tell everyone to vote. Hahaha. Well thanks for reading. You rock for that. (;

XOX, Maddie<3