Chapter 18

[ Liam's POV ]

I rolled over onto my back, shooving a pillow firmly over my face. I could hear my phone ringing on the dresser beside the bed, but I refused to pick it up. It was either Niall asking me if I made breakfast yet, or Louis waking me up. Either way, I would get back to them both. After we left the girls, I went straight to bed. Damn, I was tired. A concert could really make a guy sleepy, I suppose. Sleep was always a fantastic option, though. It gave me time to think about the days events, considering I don't keep a diary. I though about Niall, and how amazing he preformed, and how amazing he was with me finally. I thought about the band and new songs, as well. But strangely enough, I also found myself thinking about Danielle.

She was a gorgeous girl, no doubt about that. But she was just a friend, and nothing more. A friend with good intentions.

My phone continued singing out a Leona Lewis song and I groaned, finally rolling over to get it. I grabbed it off the dresser and answered it in a muffled tone. It said Unknown Number.

"Hello?" I asked groggily.

"Hey, popstar."

Wait. I remember this voice...

"Danielle?" I asked, a bit surprised. "Why are you calling so early? How'd you get my number?"

She giggled into the speaker. "Early? Its noon, Liam."

I looked over at the clock on the dresser. She was right. Oh well, I must've slept in. Things were fine.

"Oh, right..."

"And as for the second question... I asked Becca to get it from Zayn," she said.

"Oh.."

"Yeah. Is that okay?"

"Oh, yeah!" I answered, maybe too quickley. "Yeah, it is totally fine. What's up?"

"Nothing," she answered. "I would ask you, but you sounds like you were still asleep."

I grinned. "I was."

"I'm so sorry!" she gushed over the phone. Her voice made me smile. "Did I wake you up? I'll let you go. You could, like..text me whe--"

"No!" I interrupted. "I mean, uh, it's okay. I am up already, anyway. So, how are you on this lovely day?"

"Actually, Liam, I was calling to ask about that." She paused for a second. "Would you like to spend the day with me?"

"Like a date?" I asked, not really wanting an answer. No matter what she said, I hoped she didn't say it. If she said no, I would kinda take it into offence and feel like I'm not good enough for someone like her. But if she said yes, I would feel like a horrible, lying cheater. I mean, I don't like her in that way, but I also feel a strange attraction towards her. Was that wrong?

She giggled. "If you want to call it a date. I call it an outing with a friend."

I sighed in relief. Thank God. "An outing, yes! That is exactly what I meant!"

She snickered.

"Actually, I have..." I trailed off remembering that I promised Niall the day with him. I though about it for a moment before she spoke up again. Did I really want to cancel on Niall? For a girl I barely knew?

"Oh, it is so okay if you can't today!" she insisted, her voice pleading.

"Actually, my schedule just cleared up. I'll meet you at The Cafe," I said, not believing it myself.

"Great! Meet you there in fifteen."

I sighed. What the hell did I just do?

I got dressed quickley, in a royal blue Polo, light-wash jeans, and matching blue Vans. I examined myself in the mirror up and down, hoping I looked good. Wait, why does that even matter? It's not like I'm trying to impress her or anything...right? No, I'm not letting myself believe it. Like she said, it's just an outing with a friend. And maybe I could call Niall and ask him to join us. I felt a ting in my chest, and boy did it hurt. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me. Maybe my mind is saying that I love Niall and we'll live happily ever after... But my body is telling me to suck it up and be a man. My body wants me to go out with Danielle today. Alone, without Niall. But the trouble is deciding which one was the right answer..

I reached over and grabbed my blue-rimmed Ray-Bans. Niall baught these for me a while back on our first trip to America. Boy, I would love to go back to the Santa-Monica Pier is Los Angeles, California. It was a far beautiful place. I slid the glasses over my eyes and sighed, looking at myself once more before turning and leaving.

Damnit, I'm almost twenty minutes late!

I arrived at The Cafe quite some time later, considering I couldn't drive yet. I looked around the inside at first, but no Danielle. I sighed. God, Liam, you ruin everything! I walked through the front doors of The Cafe and was about to head home. Danielle bailed on me because I was late. I bet she thinks I set her up, and she'll never want to talk to me again. But no. My mind and body are arguing again. I want to think that she'll never speak to me again, but my body doesn't want to think it's true. It wants to think that she's waiting somewhere, anywhere, for me to find her. My body took over.

"Up here, popstar," a thin, feminine voice called from above me. Startled, I looked up at the deck, and there sat Danielle. She was stunning in this light. Her brown curls were down and blowing slightly in the wind. She was wearing skinny jeans that hugged her legs tightly, a cute black cardigan over a pink-and-white striped tee, and black flats with bows on each one.

I smiled and made my way up the steps to where she was sitting. She smiled at me and motioned towards the empty seat across from her. I sat down as she handed my a glass cup with a lemon on it. I'm guessing Sweet Tea, American style. I took a sip at her and grinned.

"I am so sorry I'm late," I said.

"It's alright, popstar. Every celebrity is fashionably late sometimes." She smiled and winked at me.

"Ya know, sometimes I wonder if you even know my name," I joked. She laughed, which only made me laugh.

"Of course I know your name. I just prefer to call you popstar."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"Because it's like a pet name." She smiled.

I laughed. "Only couples have pet names."

"Well, close enough, right?" Her toothy smile shown bright as she kept her eyes on mine.

We both laughed at her attempt to flirt, but God. She was gorgeous, to be honest, and my body wanted her to be mine. But my mind wanted to get up and run. It wanted to run away and never look back at her amazing face ever again. But I didn't, because this felt right in such a wrong way. My phone began vibrating in my pocket, so I pulled it out and glanced at the screen.

Niall.

I sighed, bit my lip, and did what I never thought I'd do. I pressed Ignore.

"So, where to now?" Danielle asked.

"Anywhere with you." I smiled at her.

It felt so wrong, but all too right.