Chapter 8

Thanks to LoveLikeWOEx33, Jesse McCartney is replaying in my head! Hence the title...

Well I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for the votes and comments. They mean so much. And to the fans, I love yall dearly!

**********************************

[ Harry's POV ]

I lay in Louis' arms as Liam strummed his guitar. The sound it made was beautiful. I kept my eyes on Liam, wondering the the hell might be going through his head. It must be kind of horrid though, because all he has been singing was sad, love songs. Im surprised he hasnt started belting Adele songs yet. He probably would, any minute now. I sighed, resting my head peacefully in Louis' lap. He looked down at me and smiled. I love this doof with all my heart... Now, I only wish Liam could be this happy. If it wasnt for Niall and Zayn, Liam would be his happy, charming self of his. Wait, I dont mean to put blame on them, but they kind of are the ones responcible. If they would have never kissed, everything would be fine.

But nothing is fine now. Like the song goes: Nothing's Fine, I'm Torn.

"Liam, you are brilliant," Louis said. Liam raised his head and smiled back in thanks. Liam needed all the love he could get right now. And obviously Louis knew.

We sat in the gameroom, just playing and singing a few songs. Liam began strumming to a beat that sounded like Jesse McCartney's Beautiful Soul.

"I dont want another pretty face. I dont want just anyone to hold. I dont want my love to go to waste, I want you and your beautiful soul," Liam sang. I joined in, and we harmonized. "Youre the one I wanna chase. Youre the one I wanna hold. I wont let another minute go waste, I want you and your beautiful soul."

And just then, as if on cue, Zayn walked in behind Niall. Liam immediantly dropped the guitar from his grasp. He sighed, turning to look at me. I gave him a look that Be Nice, but he looked down at his lap instead. The air was tence, and no one said a word. I looked up at Niall, who was staring blankely at Liam. There was no emotion in any of their faces, but I had a feeling that Niall wanted Liam badley. Desperately.

"What? We have a right to be in here, ya know?" Zayn asked. His bright brown eyes flickered from me, to Louis, back to me, then Liam.

Liam shrugged. "No one said you couldnt be in here..."

"Then why are you acting like we cant?" Niall kept his eyes locked down on Liam, who was fiddling with a string on his hoodie.

"Im not," Liam said a little too quickley. I glanced up at Louis, who gave me a worried expression. If I knew anything, I knew Liam was freaking out in his head. And I will be damned if I let him suffer. He was too good of a guy, too good of a friend, to let fall into Zayn and Niall's fiery pit of despair.

"He is just angry that you are with me now," Zayn whispered into Niall's ear.

Oh hell no. Sorry Zayn, but that was a bit too far. I stood up quickley, as did Liam. He huffed loudley. He must be devestated. I know I would be.

"Angry is a relative term," Liam snapped. Niall bit his lip and stared at him. I could see the intensity in his eyes.

Zayn tsked. "Oh, please." He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

I glanced at Liam. "Zayn, dont start."

"Yeah, dont." Niall agreed. He took a step forward. "Just because Im hurt doesnt mean you can hurt him."

Liam went nuts when he said that. "YOU'RE HURT?! If anyone should be hurt, its me! Im the victim here, not you! Dont tell Zayn a lie!"

Niall's mouth opened slightly. "No, I mean-"

"And...you know what?" Liam just kept on going. "All that shit I said about loving you and being there for you was all fake! It never meant anything to me! Just like I never meant anything to you! All that stuff I said was a load of crap, fyi! So there, you know the truth now. Boohoo. Maybe Zayn can carry you upstairs like the wimp you aere and comfort you. Or...kiss you again. You sure seem to like his kisses better than..." His voice trailed off. He was obviously about to "me." in the end of that sentence, but he couldnt.

But the look on Niall's face was worse. He looked like he had just seen someone get killed. He was so overwhelmed, his blue eyes filled with salty tears.

"Well, if thats how you feel..." Niall said with a shaky voice. I could tell he was trying desperately not to cry, but it wasnt working.

"I do." Liam folded his arms across his chest. "That is exactly how I feel. So, you know... There is nothing else left to say."

"There sure isnt..." Niall sniffed in and wiped his left eye, tears beginning to rain down on his pale cheeks. He began breathing heavily. "Bye... I guess."

Niall backed out of the room slowely, then turning to run upstairs. I was shocked. I think everyone was. Liam was blinking back tears of anger, Louis was staring at me blankely, my jaw was dropped incredibly low, and Zayn gave Liam a rude look.

Zayn huffed and turned around to follow Niall. I bit my lip as Liam watched him go. This wasnt supposed to happen. They were supposed to make up. Supposed to be friends again.

Liam shook his head and left towards the opposite direction, toward the front hallway.

We werent supposed to end up like this. We were supposed to be best friends forever. And forever never ends. So why is it over now? Why did forever end? Why? Liam and Niall both needed comfort, badley. And they were both my friends. I didnt do anything, but I want to cry. We were supposed to be happy. We were supposed to be in Paris for a good cause. For Christmas to be exact. We were supposed to be living it up like the teenage boys we are. And the man Louis is. We were supposed to be one.

One Direction...

But that was more broken than Liam was.

One Direction...

*******************

Hey guys! Sorry its short, I wanted to cliff hang again. Bahaha. I think I said everything in my announcement at the beginning of the stoey. So vote and comment? (;

XOX, Maddie