Chapter 12

[ Niall's POV ]

I smiled and sat back in Liam's lap, adjusting myself comfortably. It mas early in the morning, and I dont know why all of us are awake. Liam and I sat across from Harry and Louis, who were also snuggling. It was December 21st, just a few days away from Christmas. Our families were arriving on Christmas Eve, and we were all very excited.

I felt bad for Zayn, though. A part of me ached to tell Liam to include him in our game of Checkers. But I knew Liam would say no. It was this close to Christmas, Zayn does not diserve to be alone. And I am not just saying that because we...kissed. I am saying it because it is massively true. I looked up at Liam, who returned it with a cute smirk. His new hairstyle was looking fantastic. I smiled slightly and pulled the blanket tighter around us. It was Harry's blanket. Louis had the blue one and Harry had the pink one. Yes, they have Misses and Mister jackets. Haha, Harry would get the pink one.

"No way! You cheated!" Louis exclaimed, pointing at the board. He was pointing at Liam and I's black piece that awaited being Kinged. "Harry, didn't they cheat?!"

Harry sighed. "No, Lou. You have said they cheated seven times."

"Because they have!" Louis yelled.

Liam and I snickered at Louis, who was obviously always over reacting. Louis's cheeks were flushed in a deep color red as he tried to convince Harry that we cheated. Which, we didnt, of course.

"Louis! We havent done a thing wrong!" Liam insisted.

"Lou, babe. Quit acting like a child," Harry said with a smile.

"I am not! He started it!" Louis stuck his tongue out at Liam and I, only prooving Harry's point. I laughed as Harry and Louis argued, using words like "childish," multiple times. Liam bounced underneath me, laughing as well. Have you noticed that I am always on top of him?! Hm, I just noticed.

Out of no where, Liam quit bouncing. Harry's eyes rushed to Liam. Louis shut his mouth. Which, believe me, was very rare. I was the last one to stop chuckling, wondering what had caused the sudden change in emotion. I looked up. Zayn was standing in the doorway of the room, his eyes on Liam. Liam's brown eyes were focused right back on Zayn, in a death glare. It was a look that could kill. Zayn licked his lips and took in a deep breath. In the corner of my eye, I saw Louis smirk slightly.

Zayn took in a deep breath. "Sorry Im not perfect, Sorry Im not true. Sorry you werent happy, Sorry I did that to you." What the-?? "Sorry Im outspoken. Sorry I dont share. Sorry I didnt need you. Im so sorry I didnt care. Sorry because Im here. Sorry, I know you wish I was gone. I am so, so sorry you hate me. But sorry if Im wrong. Sorry, Im only human. And we humans make mistakes. Everyone does. So please, Liam. Please, forgive me for the mistakes I made."

Louis shrieked like a girl, startling all of us. He jumped up, ran to Zayn and hugged him tightly. Tighter than needed. "Awh, you wrote him a POEM?! That is too cute. Liam is such the poetry type! That was beautiful." Louis pinched Zayn's cheeks. "You simply cannot reject this face."

Liam tapped my waist, motioning for me to get up. I slid off of his lap slowely, my eyes staying glued on Zayn. I was scared, no lie. For Zayn. For Liam. For me... Liam stood up slowely, his eyes stuck on Zayn. Zayn bit his lip. There was no emotion in Liam's face. It was rock hard. I took in and held my breath, and Harry did the same. I watched Liam, who shooved his hands into his front pockets. I glanced at Harry. His eyes were wide with fear. I prayed in my head that Liam and Zayn didn't fight. They were the strong ones of the group, so it would hard to break them up. One of us would probably break a bone trying to break them up.

I let out my breath. Liam pulled his hands out of his pockets and held them out. Zayn let out a happy gasp and ran in to hug Liam. Louis and Harry clapped as the boys shared the tight embrace. They swayed back and forth as they squeezed each other. I smiled broadly, watching them hug. A great feeling welled up inside of me and I let out a giggle. Liam pulled away first.

"Nope, I'm not done yet." Zayn pulled Liam back into the tight hug and smiled, buring his face in Liam's neck. I grinned again.

"Yay! Best friends forever!" Harry shouted at no one in particular. He turned at me and gave me a wide grin, and I returned it.

After all, this moment definetely diserved a smile.

[ Zayn's POV ]

I dont think I have ever done anything like that, but it felt hella great. It felt incredible to have Liam back as my best friend. The rest of our vacation would be fantastic, I knew it. In a few days, we would be living it up on Christmas morning with our mums and families like 5-year-olds hopped up on Coke and Skittles. I smiled at Niall. It was the first time he had smiled at me in a long time. When all the other boys grinned at me, I felt a warm tingle go down my spine. It was undescribable, the feeling.

But I liked it.

*********

Hope you guys liked it! Comment! Hahaha. (:

Well, by the way, the next chappie will be super duper cute! Hehehe. (:

I love you all. Oh, and dont forget to message me if you want a main part in the new One Direction story I am doing. (;

XOX, Maddie