Chapter 28 - Just One Mistake Pt. 2

~*~*~*~Yoko~*~*~*~

"Do you think they'll want a traditional ceremony or something with a bit more pop?" Yuki asked from her place across from me in the lounging chair she'd brought with her. She had fresh ink a piece of paper with several notes on it already and a thin brush that she was chewing on the end of just as she'd done when they were younger. "I think Estelle would like something traditional, but Rex may want something with a bit more flare."

"I don't even know if you're capable of planning a traditional ceremony." I teased which earned her a gasp from Yuki before she threatened to throw the pillow she'd been leaning on at me. "I'm just saying, you've never been one for traditions have you?"

"No I suppose your right." Yuki agreed with a sigh as she set down her brush. "You know she's been beaming ever since they parted. She's just like you were when you were engaged to Michio."

"Oh god I hope not!" I exclaimed with a laugh running a comb through my hair. "I was a mess for the entire thing. Mitsuhide may be well versed in combat but he's got a long way to go when it comes to the romantic parts of life."

"Come now dear sister," Yuki said in a teasing voice. "My little Rex only knows what his mother has taught him."

At that I felt a twinge of annoyance but I let it slide knowing full well that Yuki was simply trying to distract herself while planning the wedding. "Well, maybe I should have spent more time with him. He's not like his little brother at all in that respect."

"How is my little Zo?" She asked perking up a bit at the mention of my youngest son. "I've been so caught up with Rex and Estelle that I completely forgot to check in on my other nieces and nephew."

"He's a sweetheart as usual. I think he's much more like you than his father would like." Setting down my comb and running my fingers through my long hair. Something felt off though I couldn't think of a single thing that might be wrong despite that I couldn't shake this awful feeling that had been building within my chest. Talking about my children was helping so I decided to keep that up. "He likes learning about the arts, and I'd dare say he's a better practitioner of the arts than Hana."

"Really? What does he play?"

"He plays a bit of everything, but he seems to prefer playing a shamisen." Yuki took that in stride and mentioned that she'd be willing to give Hanze a few lessons seeing as she was the leader of the Shinobi Arts. I agreed that it couldn't hurt but in the same breath I also mentioned that even though Hanzo excels in the arts, he was always trying to keep up with his brother Mitsuhide.

"Oh, and what does he think of his brother becoming Emperor sometime in the future?" Yuki asked which I more or less ignored and said that Hanzo should be in the art gallery right now if she wanted to go and see him. Yuki raised a brow at that and she picked up in an instant what I wasn't saying to her. "You haven't told him yet have you?"

"Hanzo may be young but he's not a child." I said sharply which earned me a roll of the eyes from Yuki. "What?"

"If Hanzo  really tries keeping up with Mitsuhide than he's not going to be happy to hear his brother is going to be doing something that he has no hopes of doing."

"He will understand."

"That's not how children work my dear sister." Yuki said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Oh what do you know? You can't even have-" Before I could finish that vile sentence the doors to my chambers flew open as Tai my youngest sister burst into the room with a look of panic on her face. Seeing that both Yuki and I got to our feet seeing as Tai was not the sort to scare easily at all. Shooting Yuki and apologetic look I turned back to Tai. "What's happened?"