Chapter 19 - Streets of Red and Blue

Sorry this has taken so long guys, my internet has just not been working for a while, it's a short one but here's the next part. Also my grandmother has become quite sick, I'll try to update but it may remain a slow updating schedule...sorry about that.

~*~*~*~*~Just a fair warning that this chapter gets pretty graphic at the end~*~*~*~

Jake hurried through the door of a small teashop with the still unconscious Rex on his back, his clothes had since been saturated and dyed blue with the dark elf's blue blood making Jake worry about just how badly hurt he was. When they were beneath the overpass he hadn't had much time to look over his injuries other than just a quick glance before Ajax was telling them to get out of there. He knew that Rex had a neck injury and there was a cut over his chest but he wasn't able to see just how deep the wound ran. Judging though from how badly Jake's back had been soaked on the way here though he could definitely take a guess.

The others from his team were already rushing in the back where a frantic woman was talking to them In Japanese while gesturing wildly with her hands pointing to a line of tables and then to a string of benches that were along the far wall. All the elves in the room were talking in Japanese as they hurried this way and that making it hard for Jake to figure out just what it was he should be doing. That changed though when the woman who appeared to be giving orders saw him and just how badly Rex was bleeding. In a loud and firm voice she said something in Japanese as she brushed away everything that was occupying one table and spoke again. Jake didn't need to understand Japanese to understand what she wanted as he hurried over and with the woman's help he got Rex off of his back and onto the table.

Once that was done though he was all but pushed aside by the woman and her helper as they hurriedly cut Rex's shirt off and began to do the same for the bandages around his neck. Jake wasn't right next to the table, but he didn't need to be in order to see that the bandages weren't just covering a neck wound, they were all that was keeping a slash across his throat from bleeding out. Once they were removed the blue blood began to flow now that the pressure had been removed dying Rex's pale grey skin a shade of blue. On top of that now Jake was able to see the wound on his chest and saw that it actually extended from just above his hips all the way up to his collar bone.

Jake would be lying if he said that seeing his friend looking like that didn't bother him. So far Rex seemed like one of those people who would always be around, but now that he was lying there on that table while the medics of the Shinobi frantically worked to save him it made Jake realize. This was going to be a whole new level of violence than what he'd seen during the Siege on Alcatraz. There he'd seen people being quite literally being torn apart, but here there was another Shinobi fighting alongside Stark. He'd managed to break a member of the most efficient of the three factions, and had him fighting against his own people. What was worse was that he seemed to be better than all the rest.

Jake took a few steps backwards still looking at Rex as the medics continued to try and stop the bleeding when he suddenly heard another voice call out a term in Japanese that he actually did know. It was one of the members of his team, a young girl that screamed the Japanese term for vampire making all heads snap in her direction. There Jake could see the child draw a sword from one of her bracelets and held it in front of herself though from where he stood Jake could see the blade was trembling. She was terrified! He was nearest to her and as he got to her, he saw that she was referring to the one that had been stabbed through the back, a boy with black hair and very pale skin. He was pulling the blade from his back while the rest of the group hurried toward them with their swords drawn.

One of the kids, a slightly older boy lunged at the vampire with his katana only to have the vampire's hand come up and catch him by the wrist. Their black hair fell out of their eyes as the vampire turned their head up revealing to glowing blue eyes that Jake recognized as soon as he saw them. The other members of his team hurried to the defense of the boy but Jake was faster getting between the vampire and the boy that was a part of his team.