Who Knew Porphyrion Employed Demon Nymphs?

Waking up, I yawn silently and stretch my arms. Looking behind me, I see the horrid man is still sleeping, good. I creep out of bed, and make my way to the kitchens.

        Passing a few paintings, I don't allow myself to stop. Not today. Not when today is vital to my family. The day I escape.

        Arriving at the large doors, I take a deep breath in and open the doors on my exhale. Chattering immediately stops as I walk in, and Xio looks up to meet my eyes. She smiles and her little fangs show, cute. I nod at her and she walks to get my blood. I take a seat on a stool and wait for my friend to arrive.

              Xio arrives at my side before my mind can wander and I hop off of the chair. Smiling at her, she leads me to the back doors. On our walk over, I see multiple underfed and deathly skinny cooking aids. Vowing to myself in this moment, I will come back and rescue these beings. After my babies are born and after Helia has delivered, I will come back and free these people. I promise.

          A cooking aid meets my eyes and gives me a pleading look. I can see all the pain and sorrow swimming in them, the death she has witnessed. Has Porphyrion killed every one of his staff's mate? Why has he done so? Wouldn't that lead more to rebel against him?

        The aid mouths silently to me, "Help me." My eyes show no emotion, but my heart is shattering at the sight of this poor aid. I release the grip of Xio's and slowly approach the aid. The aid smiles a tiny bit and curls her finger towards her, beckoning me ever closer. I reach the aid and her hand shoots out to grab my wrist, quicker than lightning itself. Her nails elongate and dig into my skin. It is all I can do to not cry out in pain.

          Staring into the eyes of this aid, my mouth drops open in shock at the color of their eyes. Ocean blue. I begin to struggle and pull against her strong grip. She just grins at me and digs in her nails deeper. The aid brings her lips to my face and I lean back as much as I possibly can. She smirks at my expression and desperation, only digging her nails in my skin ever deeper.

         I watch her eyes get a mischievous glint, and she brings her purple lips ever closer to mine. Struggling even more, I gasp out in pain, calling out for Xiomada. "Xio! Help!"

        I hear a heartbeat quicken and steps stop moving forward. The aid in front of me glares a deathly glare at me, and hovers her lips just above mine. The second before her lips are about to connect with mine, her nails retract from my skin painfully and her body goes flying backwards.

       My eyes connect with my savior's and I see a livid Xio standing above the kitchen aid. She grabs her shoulders forcefully and swings her up into the air. One hand moves to the aid's neck, the other holding a shoulder. The aid's face turns a purple to match her lip color and I hear Xio say to the aid, "Do this again, Aslia, and you were have dire consequences. Maybe even me telling the master. Would you like that?"

      The ocean blue eyes widen in fear and the aid attempts to shake her head. Her neck being choked, it is a little difficult. Xio glares at her one last time, and throws her form across the kitchens. Her body hits some pots and pans, knocking them over. The aid scrambles to her feet and hastily gets back to work.

            Xio then turns to me and grabs the top of my arm, dragging me out of the kitchens. She stalks towards the door, me in tow. Xio slams the door open, storming into the hallway.

      Once in the hallway, she releases my arm and yells, "What the fuck were you thinking?! That was a fucking nymph! And not the sweet kind the mortals think they all are. No! The malicious and devious kind who will kill beings in cold blood, only to steal their souls to keep their beauty. Their allure. To keep the ability of controlling the little magic they are able to. So, what the fuck were you thinking?!"