Down, Down, Down, Down to the Land Of Death

Cilia's POV

Watching mother run away, I begin to really feel the loss of Dal. My Dal.

She didn't deserve to die so early. She didn't deserve to die at all. Goddesses aren't supposed to die! We had plans! Plans that were important! Now, the only way to accomplish those plans, is for me to die. Join Dal in the Underworld.

Shaking my head, I force these thoughts from my mind. For the moment.

Turning back to my sisters, I put on a strong facade and say to Salai, "Will we take this bastard to Tartarus first?" Sala nods and explains, "We will take him to uncle and auntie. Receive their permission and begin our journey to Tartarus. It will take three mortal days, I think. So, it will be a relatively short trip."

Nodding, I feel a tear escape my eye. Sala notices it and whispers to me, "I know. It is very painful, and even more so for you. You two had so many plans. I can't even begin to imagine the state you are in right now. What can I do?"

Smiling wryly, I reply, "Allow me to talk to mother for a few moments. I want her to know the truth. The full truth."

Sala nods and waves me off. Smiling, I trot off to my mother.

           "Mother!"

"Mother!"

Artemis turns around at my words and inquiries, "Yes Cil?"

I open my mouth, but hesitate. What if she doesn't understand? What if she is disgusted? Why would she understand? She wouldn't get it. Ugh. I wish Dal was here. She was always the braver one. And the beautiful one.

Her words run through my mind. "You are so beautiful and brave. You just don't see it. Most often, people don't see how perfect they are. They are blinded by insecurities and doubt. Worried about everything. Image. Perception. Anything. Just know this, you are braver than you know. You can to anything."

I smile at my sweet Dalai's words. Feeling stronger I say to my mother, "Dalai and I are soul mates."

My mother's mouth opens and closes. Her soulmate beside her squeals and rushes to me. Crushing me in a hug she whispers somberly, "I am so very sorry for your loss. I wouldn't understand. I just know that if I lost my soulmate, my heart and soul would be ripped to shreds. Know that I am here for you. Always."

My mind draws a blank and I just nod stupidly. Words cannot form themselves in my mind. My mouth doesn't move. I can't say how much I appreciate this. How much I need this.