Time to do Some Soul Digging

Helia's POV
         "Artemis can be such a struggle sometimes."
     My best friend that sits across me laughs her heart out.

     When she comes up for air, she grows a little serious and states, "Amphitrite is like that. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the cosmos. And, bestie, you're relationship is much more close than mine. You were taken from each other, on multiple occasions. You fell in love during a huge tragedy. You both have dark and twisted paths and relate to each other on a level. Answer honestly, would you give her up for anything?"
           I shake my head and passionately say, "Never. She means everything to me. Artemis is my cosmos. I revolve around her, rely on her, love her. Even though I am blind, I remember every inch of her. Her face, her eyes, her hair, everything. Artemis is my soul mate. My Goddess."
       Daphne grins and shouts, "See! That's what I'm talking about!"

         I smile at her. The door bursts open behind us, slamming into the wall.
          "Come quickly! Artemis is dying." I feel my wings burst forth from my back and I fly out of the room, going as fast as my wings could take me. Following my love's aura and dwindling life force, I slam into our room.
        Daphne and mystery Goddess come in behind me. Mystery Goddess says, "She's having heart failure. I looked into her mind through our connection, and found why. She is having a nightmare that is slowly shutting down her heart. Helia, you are the only one who can save her." Nodding I yell, "Okay! Tell me what to do!"
       Daphne places her hand onto my shoulder and whispers to me, "You must put a piece of your soul into hers. You must share souls, as to put it." I shake off her hand and fly over to my love.

       Laying next to her they tell me what to do. Daphne says, "Now, Helia, intertwine your fingers and legs with Artemis." I intertwine us and listen for more instructions.
        Goddess says, "Now, pull deep into your soul. Then open your mind into Artemis's, allowing yourself to fall prey to her nightmare."
      I fall into my soul, and feel it pulsing. I grab a part of it, and allow my mind to fall into the nightmare, my hand still clasping my soul.

      Immediately when I enter the nightmare, I hear screaming

      Immediately when I enter the nightmare, I hear screaming. Running to the screaming, I find that it is Artemis's bloodcurdling scream.
       "Let me go! I promise it won't happen again!"

        My eyes process a young girl, maybe five years of age, being beaten. A man with a white beard is standing above her, whacking a whip onto her bare body. Her stomach, chest, and back are covered in open wounds.

        "Why would I let you go, you little bitch! You'll just do it again! You've ruined my whole life! If only your brother had been born first, he could've killed you in the womb! If only your fucking mother would've not hidden you and you grew strong! Not so strong are you now?! Huh?!"
     The girl screams in pain and fear as he whips her again. I run to the man, jumping in front of the young girl. Opening my wings very wide, I wrap the young girl in them. The girl sighs as her wounds begin to heal, and I keep her far away from the man.

       The man screams in my face, "Go away demon! She deserves this!" I stare at this man and ask calmly, "What did she do?" The man stares back at me, fury blazing in his eyes and yells, "She was fucking born! Who wants a failure?! Who wants a daughter when I could have gotten two sons?! All she brings is torn and ruin! You stupid, fucking, bitch Artemis!"
     The girl in my wings whimpers as the man yells. Realizing who is in my wings I make a xiphos appear in one hand and a makhaira in the other. I slash his arm with the curved balde called a makhaira.

        He yells in pain and tries to wrap his whip around me. I jump up, keeping my wings closed tightly around young Artemis, and slash at his body with both of my swords.
       His arms bleed Ichor and he collapses from his extensive wounds. Glaring up at me he whispers, "You have already failed. Whilst battling me you have damned her to death. She is so close to death that nothing can save her. Only a soul implant from her soul mate could save her. And she'll never have one of those! I made sure that the Moirai and Eros did not bless her with one."

         Snarling at him I growl, "I am her soul mate. Plans not work mister?" His eyes widen and I run him through the heart with my xiphos.

     Once he turns to dust I open my wings and see young Artemis gasping for air. I peer into her body and see that her lungs are filled with blood. Frowning I say to her, "I am your soul mate, Helia. I am going to fuse my soul with yours. For your physical body is dying. If I do not do this, you will die. Do I have permission?"
        She nods at me and I begin the process.

      I search for her soul and find it, huddling in the corner, a giant chunk missing from it. Pulling out my part of my soul, I combine my dark blue soul with her medium purple soul.
       The souls begin to dance and fight for dominance with each other. I glare at them, and they fall into a peaceful coexistence. Smiling, I exit from her soul and see young Artemis slowly breathing correctly. Letting out a breath of air I kiss her forehead and exit from the dream.

         Opening my eyes, I see the comforting darkness that is my life

         Opening my eyes, I see the comforting darkness that is my life. I smile and put my head on Artemis's chest. A steady heartbeat beats against my ears, and I snuggle closer to my love's body.
        "Whelp. I'll be going. Hestia?" I laugh as I hear my best friend's cool awkwardness and listen as they exit the room. Our room. Mine and my wife to be's. Huh. Never thought we'd live to almost have our wedding.

       My love sits up straight, causing my head to fall violently onto our bed. Her hearing my head fall, she brushes her fingers across my scalp.

      Her lovely voice blesses my ears. "Are you okay?" Nodding I find her hand, only to feel her's shoot out of mine. I feel the bed shift as she scoots far away from me. Her panicked voice rushes out with, "Who are you, and why are you in my room? Why are you in my bed? Laying on my chest?"

         My heart shatters into so many pieces at her words. I feel as though my heart could never piece itself back together after this.