Prologue

Prologue

"Run!"

Without hesitation, my mom grabbed the scruff of my neck and desperately tried to escape the brutal battle. While running, my position between her strong, sharp teeth shifted painfully, causing small droplets of blood to appear on my white fur. I didn't make a sound because the fear in my mother's eyes for my father, harshly silenced me.

Her large white paws and sharp claws, tore up the forest ground as she franticly weaved her way in and out of trees, ignoring the pounding footsteps gaining on us. The rouge's violent growls and snarls seemed to grow louder and my mom made a sharp right, keeping her ears flat on her head in concern.

Right before we could pass the territory border, a rouge lunged, digging his claws into the bottom half of her body. Letting out a pained roar, she threw me out of her jaws and into the air. I crashed onto the other pack's land painfully.

I watched as my mother and the rouge circled each other, completely ignoring the fact that she was injured.

I noticed a second wolf sneaking up behind her and I started to inch back over to my old pack's territory. She caught me and snarled loudly,

"STAY THERE!"

When she was momentarily distracted, both rouges decided to attack.

And the rest was a blur.