06

"Haylee hurry up, practice is at Ford's in ten minutes!" Jase yells from downstairs.

I roll my eyes and fix my hair one last time before putting on Jase's hat he gave me. It doesn't match anything I'm wearing but I still am going to wear it anyway. I feel better about myself wearing it. Almost like Jase is around me or something.

It's official. I've been living with the Andrews for a week. A really really long week. To be honest, they make a day feel like living a lifetime. I think I've aged fifty years since stepping through that door. All the boys cause is stress on top of more stress on top of even more stress. At this point, I'll have grey hair by weeks end.

Today  is the first band practice and I'm a nervous wreck. I'm afraid I'm going to screw up. To be fair, I always think I'm going to screw up. All the damn time. I don't think I'm nearly as good as the twins and Wes seem to think I am, but I'm thankful for their confidence. Still. What if they don't want me in the band anymore? What if they're expecting way more from me than I actually am? Maybe I'm just over thinking this. Or maybe I'm completely right about this and I'm looming over my impending embarrassment.

"Haylee." Wes says barging into my room. He looks at me up and down before looking back at my eyes. "Come on."

I let out a shaky breath before walking towards him. There's something about Wes that always makes me nervous to be around him. I guess, maybe since he's older. More mature. More experienced. It also could be because he's drop dead fucking gorgeous and I can't help but swoon over him. He's dreamy to look at. That's probably why I'm weak in the knees right now just looking at him.

'Hey." Wes says grabbing my arm. I can feel the sparks of electricity that he sends through me when our skin touches. I look up at him. "You're going to do fine."

I nod, shaking off any emotions I am leading myself to believe I have tethered to him, and we both walk out. "Wait!" I shout and rush back into my room. I grab three Jolly Ranchers and walk back out. Wes eyes me and shakes his head.

"What's your deal with those?" he asks, nodding his head to my addiction.

I shrug as I unwrap a cherry one and pop it in my mouth. "They calm me down."

"That's so weird."

I nudge him with a small smile. "So are you."

We get downstairs and Jase and Jack are holding their guitar cases and an amp waiting for us by the front door. And then there's these two. Both painstakingly gorgeous and unbelievable at the same time.

"Finally," Jase breathes out. "You couldn't take any longer?"

"Hey cut her some clack she's like a ball of nerves Jase," Wes defends.

"Don't be nervous. It's just a practice. We don't have our first gig until next Saturday," Jack soothes in a calm voice and a soft smile that put my nerves slightly at ease.

"I'll be fine," I say, feeling overwhelmed with all three of their attention on me. "Let's just go." I walk out the door, heading to where all the cars of the family are parked.

"Go to my car!" Wes calls and I nod as I head towards them.

I pull at the handle, finding it already unlocked, and slide in the front seat. Wes gets in the front moments later and the twins in the back. The drive is relatively quiet and no one says much of anything the entire time. It takes us ten minutes to get there and when we do I don't get out of the car. Even when the boys have fully gotten everything out and have begun walking away from the car, I stay planted in my seat.

"Are you coming?" Wes asks, leaning into the car.

"I haven't performed in front of people since like 2nd grade." I say nervously. "I got up on the stage at the talent show and I thought I was so ready. I knew I was ready. And then I saw all the people. Looking at me. And then I lost it. I didn't know the words. And when I finally figured them out. I was so off beat and off key. Everyone laughed at me, Wes. Everyone."