20

I stop the car and pull over. "Excuse me, what?"

He smiles at me. "I love you. I love you, so much Haylee but, you'd never want me."

He takes a breath before continuing. "You want the guy you can bring home to your mom so she's proud or the guy who buys you everything you want. Guys like Mason. I can't be that guy. I'm not that guy. You want so much that I just can't give you."

"Wes—"

"I don't want your pity party kitten. I just need you to know I love you." He says leaning back in the seat.

I stare at him as his eyes slowly drift close. Holy shit. Wesley James Andrews loves me. I open and close my mouth a few times unsure what to say.

Will he even remember this in the morning?

Of course not the guy is drunk off his ass.

"Wes I think you're delusional." I say half laughing.

He slowly shakes his head. "I've known for a while kitten. If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have told you."

Ignore it. He's drunk. You're tipsy. He's delusional. Just drive.

For once I listen to myself and do just that.

***

"Haylee?" I hear someone say.

I groan and bury myself deeper I to my pillow. I'm so tired and I have the worst headache. It took way to much energy to get Wes up the stairs last night and then I couldn't go to sleep because all I could think about was Wesley himself. I love you.

Ughhh annoying.

"Hay I need you up, someone is here to see you." Its Gia and she's clearly been trying to wake me up for a while.

"Who is it?" I mumble.

"Uh she said her name was Kennedy." She says.

I jolt up and my head spins. Bad choice Hay. "Wait my sister? What is she doing here?"

Gia shrugs. "Here's an aspirin though." She says handing me a small white pill and a glass of water."

"Thanks G." I say before taking it and standing up. She leaves the room. Why is Kennedy here?

I quickly change into leggings and a sweatshirt before rushing downstairs. Kennedy is uncomfortably standing with the Andrews. Her eyes meet mine and she doesn't smile.

"Kenny?" I breath out.

"Hey Lee." She manages to speak.

"We'll leave you alone." Garrett says who was clearly trying to flirt it up her.

"Why are you here?" I ask her.

"Lee, I don't know how to tell you this." She chokes out.

"Kenny what's wrong?" I ask starting g to get nervous.

"Its mom. She was on her way home. Apparently she wanted to be home before Thanksgiving next week and she...her private jet crashed in the !middle of the Atlantic ocean. They haven't found her body." She says, tears springing to her eyes.

"W-what are you saying?" I ask trying not to cry.

"Mom's dead."

***

Three weeks.

Three entire weeks.

I haven't left this house in three weeks.