19

"Jase is staying home with you today since he's sick." Gia tells !me.

Let's just say ever since I saw Bea and Jase kissing, things have been awkward between us. I have no clue if he likes me. I don't have feelings for him anymore. In fact I'm not sure if I ever did. I think I was in love with the thought of him.

He's avoided me and I've avoided him. That's it. The most we interact is me tutoring him in calculus since he still sucks.  

"Oh," I answer, sipping the hot cocoa Gia made for me.

"I know things have been kinda tense between you."

"Kinda?"

She rolls her eyes. "Okay very tense between you guys but at least try to work out out, okay?"

I nod.

She kisses my forehead. "Have a good day okay?"

I nod again before she leaves the room. Moments after she leaves Jase comes into the room wearing sweats and a t shirt.

"Hey." I say. He looks at me confused.

"Uh hi?"

I sigh. "Can we talk?"

He nods slowly before sitting on the other couch.

"What's going on with us right now? Its been like this for three weeks Jase." I say.

"You never gave me the chance to explain." He says in a flat voice.

"And you never gave me a chance to answer you before you went back to sleeping around." I snap.

"I kissed Bea because I was impatient and she basically seduced me." He says.

"That's a horrible reason. You couldn't wait and keep your dick in your pants before I could answer which was literally what I was about to do before I walked in on you sucking faces with Beatrice." I say. "Which basically proves you can't settle down. None of you can."

He glares at me for a while. "You honestly think I care? You, Haylee Fields, are just some stuck up narcissistic brat. Wes is using you. You think he'll actually fall in love with someone like you? Get real for a seconds princess. Everyone just feels bad for you. I don't think I ever liked you. It was just you were so different and like the only girl I haven't been with so it felt like an obligation to use you and move on."

I stare at him, my heart wrenching.

Rules to a Player.

#1 never trust an Andrews boy.

#2 trust your first instinct

#3 never fall for the charm

#4 protect your heart or it will shatter

#5 listen to your friends

#6 never believe they'll change

#7 watch out for their main hoe because they'll ruin you.

#8 just don't

#9 avoid their friends