12

"Wait, so you don't want to go to the ball with me?" he asks slightly confused.

I nod. "That is correct."

"Um why?" he asks

"Well I was basically given to you by Jase so no one asked my opinion on who I want to go with. That and I can't dance." I say to a very confused Wes.

"So who are you going to go with? Does my mom know?" he asks concerned.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Yes your mother knows and I'm going with Tucker."

"Tucker? As in my best friend Tucker?" he asks surprised.

"Yeah. He said he would love to go with me." I say with a shrug. "I don't see the big deal. why don't you just go ask the girl you like to the ball." i say mumbling the last part hoping he doesn't hear.

He all of the sudden gives me his full attention. "what the hell are you talking about? how do you know?" well clearly he heard me.

"Um I heard you when i was changing yesterday. It's not like I know who it is. Plus it sounded like you were head over heels for the girl so we might as well ditch this deal we made. It was stupid anyways. Why would either of us fall for one another?" I ask brushing off the subject.

He stares at me with his mouth open for a few seconds. He doesn't say anything.

"What?" I ask.

He slowly shakes his head. "Forget it. It's nothing. You're right. The deal was stupid, we should just forget about it."

"Okay then. So it's off as quickly as it started." I say stacking all my books up and putting away papers.

"Well I should probably go finish my homework." he says awkwardly as he stands up.

"yeah I need to help Jase with his calculus homework." I say standing up and taking my huge stack of books with me. I pull Jase's lucky Indians hat down farther on my head to make sure it stays there. "bye Wes." i say.

He doesn't answer. he simply leaves through the bathroom door as i leave through my bedroom door. I walk down the hall and straight to Jason's room. I knock on the doorframe twice and come in. he's laying on his back on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Uh hey Jase." I say setting my books on the ground and leaning my face over his.

He smiles up at me weakly. "hey Princess."

"What are you doing?" i question, gladly returning the smile.

He sighs. "I was just thinking. That's all."

"about...?" i ask

He sits up, careful not to collide our faces, and faces me. There's a mixture of concern and weakness written all over his face. "If I tell you something and you don't see eye to eye on it, you have to promise to tell me and then we both forget about it. Okay?"

I laugh nervously. "Okay? You're being ridiculous though."

"I don't care. DO you promise?" he asks.

"Yes Jason I promise. Now what is up with you?" I ask crossing my arms.

He takes a breath and looks into my eyes. "If you really liked someone, would you tell them?"

I look back at him. "Depends on the situation."

"Okay so what if you liked someone and there was a 50/50 chance of you having them, would you tell them?" he asks breaking the question down some more.

I think for a second. "Well it just depends on who it is. Like if they meant a lot to me and i would loose them if things didn't go right then no. If that wasn't the case maybe yeah." i explain to him. "Why are you asking?"