14

"Just come on." I say pulling Jase out of my room.

"What? No whitty comeback? That's not like you Princess." He says.

"Oh my lord Jase, just shut up for a minute." I say pulling him down the stairs.

We get down there and there are already so many people. I spot Bea and Mason right away mainly because she's the sluttiest person in the room. That and she's desperately draping herself over mason.

"We have to be ready for this dance. Like now." Jase whispers.

I nod and we make our way over to the middle of the dance floor where, Ryder and someone ho I think is Leah Summers, Jack and Monica Richards, Wes and Chelsea Rivers, and Mike and Gia, are all waiting patiently for Jase and I. Jase and I rush over to our spot and take our position. We all learned the same dance routine but of course I'm the only one wo cant get it right

"Hey." Jase whispers.

I look up into his dreamy brown eyes that will make any girl fall head over heels for him.

"Just look at me and everything with be fine. I promise." He says with a small smile and relief washes over me.

I give him a small nod before the music starts and all of us start dancing in perfect sync with one another. We all glide through the beginning gracefully. The end part comes and I get the steps right. Then Jase dips me and I smile at him which he kindly returns. Then he pulls me up and lifts me, twirling me like the others. He sets me back down and the music ends.

I throw my arms around Jase and huge him tight. "I can't believe I did that! I swore I was going to mess up but I didn't" I say.

Jase laughs and snakes an arm around my waist sending chills up my spine. "You did great princess."

I pull back and look at him. "Why do you call me princess?"

He smirks at me. "Because you're gorgeous. You're smart. You're funny. You're unique. You're you." he says. "Which I'm pretty sure qualify as characteristics of a princess."

I  smile at him. "Ahh someone has been catching up on their Disney I see." I say teasingly

He laughs. "Only because Everleigh watches it."

"You keep telling yourself that." I say with a wink.

"Good Evening everyone." Gia says over a microphone as she stands on stage in her pitch black ballroom dress, he hair in a complicated up-do. "I hope you're all having an incredible time. I would like to thanks all the sponsors of the hospital for donating for this event like they do every year. But now I would like to present you with a special performance given to you by my son and what feel like my second daughter." she finishes and everyone starts clapping.

"It's now or never." Jase whispers in my ear and walks past me. I take a deep breath before quickly following him.

I sit at one of the stools in front of the microphone, trying so hard not to ruin or wrinkle my dress. "Hi everyone. I'm Haylee Fields and Jason and I will be singing you a song called I love you.

Jase and I breeze through the song. Our eyes connect for the longest time and never leave one another. It's like he's pouring every last feeling he has for this song. For me.

The song ends and our gaze breaks when people begin clapping. Jase and I exit the stage and he pulls me into an empty room.

"Haylee..." he breathes out, closing the space between us.

"Jase, what are you doing?" I ask nervously.

He doesn't answer. He simply presses his mouth to mine and it feels so natural. I've only kissed him twice, but this feels like it's a normal thing. Like this should be happening. I pull away first, my back suddenly pressed against a wall.

"Jase, we can't" I say in a small voice.

"But we can." he whispers.

"I didn't even give you an answer yet." I say finally looking into his eyes.

He nods. "You're right." He leaves a small peck on my red lips. "I'm not sure how much longer I can wait." he says before disappearing out of the room.

***

Where the hell is he?

I've been looking for Jase for ten minutes just to tell him I said yes.

"Wes, have you seen Jase?" I ask.

"Yeah he's in the guest room downstairs." He says and I nod.

"Thanks." I answer with a smile.

I push through people and some Lady almost spills a glass of red wine on my dress. If she did let's just say it would go all Mean Girls up in here. I finally reach the room and walk in slowly. That's when I see it. Jase's mouth connected with Bea's. I know for a fact its not Mason or Jack because they were just pout there dancing. Why do I continue to trust guys. Bea's eyes flick open for a split second and she sees me and pulls away from Jase quickly. Jase looks at her confused but then to?lows her gaze which lands on me.

"Haylee I swear I can explain. This isn't what it looks like at all." He says.

"Are you sure about that?" I ask, biting back the tears.

"I-" he doesn't finish.

"That's what I though. And to think I was going to say yes to you."

Bea winks at me and I narrow my eyes at her before marching pout if the room. I run face first into Wesley's chest and I rub my nose.

"Whoa, you good kitten?" He asks.

I nod. "That deal is back in starting now." I say.

He looks at me confused for a minute before breaking into a grin. Ladies and gentleman I have just unleased the devil.

***
Hey loves!

Dedicated to carlyluttrell

I know  you're disappointed that this chapter is so short but I have volleyball today and four pages of algebra so I'm like in a serious bind. I'll try for the next chapter to be longer.

How many were happy with Haylee's answer?

Why do you think Jase kissed Bea?

Did Haylee act the right way?

What going on with Wes and Haylee?????

Don't forget to comment vote and share so people know this awesome story is out there! That's all my peeps love ya

Next update: uhhh...tomorow? Late tonight?