05

Quill wakes me up early the next morning, licking my lace and pouncing around the room with an immense amount of energy. too much energy for this early in the morning. I fell asleep on the floor last nigh because Quill didn't fit in my bed so I laid with him and eventually fell asleep.

"Hey, buddy," I say rubbing his head as his tail wags with excitement. "Do you want to go on a walk?" he barks. "Yeah? Okay wait for me to get dressed okay?" he sits and I stand up and stretch.

I look over at my occupied bed where Maddie, Olivia and Penny are all asleep in an awkward and uncomfortable-looking position. I laugh to myself knowing that they sleep in late. I check the time and it's eight. Perfect I can go for a run with Quill and still be home before they wake up. I quickly change into short running shorts and a workout tank top that I typically wear for volleyball. I pull on tennis shoes. As I search for Quill's leash I've already managed to loose, my phone starts to ring. I let out a frustrated groan and answer it.

"Hello?" I ask. it comes out snappier than I intend.

"Well hello to you too." Mason's voice says and I sigh in relief.

"Sorry, Mase I'm just looking for something," I say.

"Ahh okay. Well I wanted to ask you something," he says and I stop.

Don't think for a second that he likes you.

but I-

Nope this is Mason Scott we are talking about. Move on.

"Yeah go ahead. Ask away." I say as I continue to look for this stupid leash. Quill lets out a whine and lays down on the floor clearly as irritated as I am with my lack of organization.

"Oh it's nothing serious. I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out next Saturday." he asks.

I practically freeze as I try to register the words that just came out of his mouth. Did he just ask me out? I feel like I'm dreaming. Maybe it's a prank. It has to be a prank. I can't even begin to wrap my head around all of this right now. I mean, of course this is what I've wanted but I can't even imagine that this is real right now 

"Um i'm sorry can you repeat that I don't think I hurt you right Mason," I say in the calmest voice possible.

He laughs. "Yes I'm asking you out Haylee. Just for one date though."

I jump up and down probably making so much noise but I don't care. I finally have a chance. "Yes yes yes. I'll go on a date with you."

He laughs again. God I love his laugh. "So Saturday?"

"Saturday is perfect."

"Okay, see you then Hay bear." he says

"Bye Mason." I hang up the phone and break into a pretty embarrassing happy dance.

--

"Why am I even here?" I question as Vince whines at my feet to pick him up. My arms feel like they're about to fall off from holding this kid. I don't care how adorable he is.

Jase looks up from the grocery list Gia made sure to write out for him. He flashes me a smile. "Because apparently you and your weakness of food got the best of you. That and you wanted to spend your day with someone extremely handsome" he adds with a wink.

"You're right Jase," I say and lean over to pick up Vince who almost knocks over a fruit display.

"I am?"

"Yeah of course I wanted to spend time with Vince. Who wouldn't?" i ask as I tickle Vince and Jase scowls.

"Are you jealous of an 18-month-old Jason?" I ask slightly amused.