13

I sit in my room doing my book report. Well actually I'm not doing my book report. I'm staring at what's supposed to be my book report. I'm actually thinking about Jase.

How the hell am I going to tell him?

Do I have an answer? Yes of course. I have an answer for everything. Is he going to love the answer I'm going to give him? Uhh.... 50\50. Don't hate me you don't even know me answer.

I'm freaking out because I have no clue how to react. Tomorrow we all have to prep the house for the ball. I still haven't written this damn song either! Tucker and I have to practice our dance at
Like seven. Its 6:45 now and I seriously should be dressed but instead I'm sitting around in sweats. Get your life together Haylee, you're a freaking mess.

I sigh and look at mg laptop. I'll finish you later. I stand up and walk over to my dresser and pull out shorts and a t shirt. I throw it on and get the heels I have to wear for tomorrow. Apparently its better to practice in the shoes you're going to wear so you get used to it. I don't really know, Gia just told me.

I throw it on.

"Haylee here's the notes for the song." Jase says coming into the room.

I look at him as he's looking down at the sheets of paper before glancing up at me and smiling. "You can put them over there." I say pointing to my desk and pulling up my hair.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

I sigh and tighten my ponytail. "I have to practice for the last time with Tucker for the ball tomorrow."

"Shoot I need to practice with Valerie." He says and looks at me.

"I'm not thinking that you like her if that's what you're assuming right now." I say with a smirk.

He smiles nervously and I laugh a little.

"Its tearing me up not knowing your answer. Even if you don't have one." He says breathlessly.

I don't know what to say so I smile weakly. "Well I should uh, go downstairs. Tucker is going to be here soon." I say before rushing out of the room. I go downstairs and Wes and Tucker are in the kitchen talking. They both turn to me giving me a worried look.

"Um hey guys."

"Hey Haylee.." Tucker says trailing off and not meeting my eyes.

"What's going on?" i ask.

"I can't come to the ball tomorrow." Tucker says.

"What do you mean you can't come! You're my partner Tucker!" I exclaim. This cannot be happening right now.

"Hey Tucker." Jase says. He scans the room. "Um what's going on?"

"Tucker can't be my partner anymore." I say and put my elbows on the counter to hold me head.

"What? Why?" Jase asks.

"My dad is coming home from the army tomorrow and I haven't seen him in six years." Tucker explains. Now I can't even be mad at him. Ughhhhhh.

"I'll be your partner." Jase says.

"What about Valerie?" Wes asks.

"She can live without going. Haylee has to go so here's no harm." he says with a shrug.

"Jason Andrews you are my saving grace." i say to him with a smile.

He winks at me. "Anytime Princess."

"Now we have to practice this entire dance in three hours so like let's go." I say and pull is arm to the ballroom.

***