Mermaids

Cascata swam to the home of the sirens. The Ancients told her to. She will do as they say. 

Once there, she could not get in. The shield keeps the beings from outside from going in. 

"Meu Povo." She called in her echo voice. 

The almost dead sirens swam to their Queen, they felt her power, they felt her love. They knew something was different. They knew that she was no longer one of them. 

"Minha Rainha!" Many cried in joy at the sight of their Queen. The other hissed and growled at her. 

She was unfazed as she had expected this. Those that only knew pain, those that were so hungry to eat each other. They would not be able to let it all go to be like her. 

Raising her hands, the spell casted around the island wavered before disappearing. 

"Somos livres." She called to the people before her. 

Those that had cried for their Queen of Truth, bowed before her. They then swam up, their children following behind them. 

Those that stayed glared down in hunger at the Blue mermaid. 

"I filled with sorrow, 

For those that not follow, 

The path of night,

The path of the Ancients." She sang softly, her voice being stronger than ever. 

Slowly she swam deeper in the ocean, her once people, following as they hissed and screeched in anger.

"I must kill the false moonlight. 

I must be patient, 

I must be calm and of order,

You can not cross this water,

Yet, thy not head the words,

I spoken so clearly," She sang louder, going deeper. The sirens did not care that they slowly were being crushed by the weight of themselves. They swam deeper to try and catch the woman. 

"We, The Mermaids, must go onwards,

I weep tear for you yearly.

Sorry for your fate,

But I'm far too late." Cascata finished, black tears falling from her blue eyes as the sirens finally screamed loud into the sea.  

Their bodies jolted and crushed into themselves. They would no longer be able to do anything, even if they did live. 

Sighing away, she swam to the surface. The people before her looked starved and hungry. Soon they will not be that way.

They were silently pleading not to have the same fate as the others. They will be not killed by her. 

"Worry not, I know a way to be filled." She promised as the moon descended below the ocean's tired black waves.