| chapter two |

' butterflies swarm me
when i hear your voice '

' butterflies swarm me when i hear your voice '

MONDAY

"What are we doing today?" Alice asked Caroline Forbes as the blonde model sat down next to the other blonde, who shrugged.

"I don't know." Pursue her lips, Alice nodded, and Caroline leant her head against her shoulder.

"Is something bothering you?" The model was concerned about her blonde friend.

"I'm just...worried." Alice rose a brow. "It's about Stefan."

"What about him?" Alice asked as Caroline sighed.

"I don't know if he truly loves me. I sometimes think he has feelings for Elena." It was right then when Alice realised that Caroline was not all sunshine and sparkles. She may be happy but beneath all that was an insecure girl who just wanted someone to love her for who she was.

"Oh Care." She looked at the sad girl whose eyes glistened with unshed tears. "He loves you; we all love you." Alice brought Caroline into a hug; her arms wrapped tightly around her. "I know he loves you; we all know so don't you worry about him."

"Thank you, Alice," Caroline whispered into her neck as she hugged her tightly, not wanting to go. They sat together for a while you until a phone rang. Groaning, Alice and Caroline released each other before the blonde model answered her phone.

"Hello?"

"Alice! Thank god!" Hearing the voice of her manager, Alice furrowed her eyebrows.

"Hey, June. What's up?" Alice asked, glancing at Caroline, who looked confused. Alice mouthed manager and the vampire nodded.

"We need you back in New York. You're needed for a photoshoot, urgently. Your whole career is depending on this!" Telling June she'd be there, Alice ended the call before looking towards Caroline, who had a sad expression on her face. Alice opened her mouth to say something but was cut off.

"I understand, you need to go. I heard." Caroline looked down but snapped her head up when Alice laughed.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to come with."

"Really?!" Caroline asked, her eyes widening in happiness.

"Yes." Alice laughed, and Caroline squealed, hugging the life out of her. "Come on." The two held hands and they transported to New York, right in front of the building the photoshoot was taking place in. Alice dragged Caroline, who was beaming with happiness and excitement, inside.

"June," Alice called her manager who sighed in relief once she caught sight of the model.

"Thank god you're here. Who's this?" June asked as she finally saw Caroline, who became shy a bit.