| chapter one |

' the thought of you not
being in my life kills me '

' the thought of you not being in my life kills me '

KNOCK
KNOCK
KNOCK

The sound of knuckles tapping against the wooden door of the Salvatore boarding house awaked the sleeping blue-eyed, badass vampire. A scowl grew on his face as he rolled over on the couch, pressing his palm against his ear. Hearing the repeated sound, the vampire groaned as he threw the blanket off his body. The eldest Salvatore brother took his time to get up and walk over to the door.

"What?" He asked lazily once he reached the door and swung it open. The blue-eyed vampire stretched his arms as he yawned his sleep away, blinking every second to remove the haze of sleep in his eyes.

"Damon?" The voice was soft, almost like music. The said vampire gazed at the person, looking her over as a broad grin spread across his handsome face, taking in the appearance of his best friend since she was younger.

"Alice!" He exclaimed, his eyes doing a once over. The said female had certainty matured and developed since the last time he saw her. She had grown a few inches, her tall frame and slender body were like of a Victoria secret model. Her blue eyes, like the sea, were calm and full of emotions. Long, wavy blonde hair, so smooth and silky, almost as if it was tailored from gold fabric. Her baby face disappeared as her facial features sharpened up. As she stood in front of Damon, he couldn't help but smile adoringly as fond memories of his past with her came back to his mind. The eldest Salvatore mentally sighed with relief as he saw that Alice's sense of fashion changed.

Instead of those oversized striped shirts that made her look larger than she was along with those matching baggy trousers that made her ass look saggy, she wore clothes that fit her body perfectly, amplifying the curves she developed. The blonde, right now, was wearing a white tank top that she tucked into her navy blue high waisted skirt. She wore a pair of black stockings under it. She threw on a black leather jacket and paired her outfit with black heels. Her golden hair was tied into a high ponytail and sunglasses covered her gorgeous coloured eyes.

 Her golden hair was tied into a high ponytail and sunglasses covered her gorgeous coloured eyes

"You've certainly changed," Damon noted, nodding his head in approval. Alice let out a musical laugh before shaking her head.

"And you haven't. How long has it been, seven years?" She questioned and grinned as he nodded his head. "I'm no longer that little girl you knew, Damon." The said vampire rolled his eyes at his human best friend, not even the slightest bit amused.

"I know that." He scoffed, opening the door wider for the beauty to walk in. Inviting her, Alice walked in with a sense of grace, her head raised high as the sound of her heels allowed everyone to know of her presence, even if Damon was the only one that could hear it clearly. The blonde reeked of confidence, something that made Damon proud as he remembered that she was timid when he used to see her.

"So, how have you been?" Alice asked as she took place on the sofa, already making herself at home. She dropped her bag on the side of the couch, grabbing the glass of bourbon that Damon offered her. The eldest Salvatore grinned as he sat down by her, holding his own glass of his favourite alcohol. The two reunited best friends began chatting, filling each other on their lives - what's going on and what happened. Alice was always someone who listened; she was good at it. That was one of the reasons why they were close. Damon liked to talk, and Alice liked to listen.

"So, you're a model now?" Damon asked as he took a sip of his bourbon while Alice nodded, a proud grin lit up on her face.

"Yup! I'm a Victoria Secret angel, now." She gave an innocent smile, lifting her hands under her chin to portray a look of an innocent angel, which Damon knew was not true. From his experience with the blonde, her mind was worse than his.

"Wow. And how much money do you get?" Alice scoffed before smacking the back of Damon's head.

"Shut up." He laughed as she glared at him, the two best friends not noticing the other people entering the room.

"Who the hell are you?"