Calypso - Too Much For Anyone to Handle

I'm afraid this is far worse than Daniel James Howell's 'a month without uploading...' It's been 8 months...I'll tell you why. Jan-May I had to focus on academics. I failed French and English. I went into therapy. I was kicked out of show choir due to my grades. I was in a rough spot. After school, I was out of my Wattpad mood.

Running from her room to Percy's, she saw Piper and Hazel in the doorway. Looking over their shoulders, she noticed Annabeth reading from a piece of paper in her hand. Annabeth slowly sat on Percy's bed. Percy, though, was no where to be seen.

Piper stepped up to the bed, "Annabeth?" Annabeth held out the note but didn't look up or speak.

"Pipes?" Hazel asked. "What does it say?"

Pipes looked towards the doorway, "let's play ball, little girl. First test? Losing your hero. Which is absurd. Annabeth can handle herself. Doesn't take away that we don't know where Percy is, though. We'll start looking for him right away."

"Pipes?" Annabeth asked. "Will you come here?"

They muttered to each other and Pipes stood up.

"Alright, everyone out." Even Pipes left the room. "To the living room." The others had joined them in the doorway but were now rushing down to the couches. "Percy was taken. There were a few small bangs, then a huge thud in his room. We didn't get there in time."

"How do you know he's missing?" Nico asked.

"There was a note left. No ransom. No location. No signature. Anyways, we're sending search parties in threes. Come back by midnight. Leo, Hazel, Calypso. Take Hazel's car. Don't worry about speeding. Frank, Nico, Will. Take either Frank's truck or Will's car. Again, don't worry about speeding. All of you, be practical, safe, and call if you need anything. You only have a couple of hours."

The three of us went to Hazel's car and Leo offered to drive.

"Face it," he said with a smirk, "I'll be the best at speeding but not killing us."

"Leo," Hazel said, "if you kill us, I'll kill you."

"I'll help," Calypso said. "That's not important, though. Let's get going."

They drove throughout the city and found nothing.

"Can you imagine what Annabeth is going through?" Hazel asked.

Leo chuckled, "never doubt Annabeth. She's done it before. She'll do it again."

"Leo," I said.

"What?"

Hazel sighed, "Annabeth nearly killed herself looking for him last time. Then after that, she went through looking for the Mark. Then she went through Tartartus. She is strong, of course. You have to remember what she went through, though. She literally went through Hell. She may be strong but no one's that strong."

Leo still looked confused, "I get that she went through Hell."

"Leo, she has separation issues because of Hera. She has PTSD and anxiety because of Tartartus. Even the strongest break."

"Really?"

"When you were with Calypso, everyone knew about it. Chiron even allowed Percy to go to the Athena cabin at night. Annabeth would wake up screaming and sweating, and it was terrible. She thrashed around in her sleep. Nearly gave us all a heart attack. She learned to control the screaming. Most of you boys assume they get up early and hang out in one of their rooms but they don't. They wake up from nightmares and crawl into the other's bed."

"Seriously?"

"Yep. A lot goes on that you guys aren't aware of."

Calypso cleared her throat, "it's 11:30. Let's get back."

"Man, I feel terrible," Leo said. "How didn't I realize?"

"Babe, they don't exactly show it. The only reason we're aware of it, is because Annabeth is our friend. That's why Piper stayed behind. We could've easily split girls and boys. A group of 4 and 3. Piper's hurt, of course. That doesn't matter to her, though. She stayed for Annabeth."

"Annabeth is like the mom of the group. Percy is like the dad of the group. We all look up to them, we'd listen to anything they tell us. We'd all protect them no matter what. When they were in Tartartus, well, Hazel, you know how that was. Didn't work out very well, did it? What will happen now?"

No one answered.