Chapter 21 ~ Chances

I've gone back and edited bits and pieces of some of the chapters because honestly this book is a mess. I think my writing has slightly improved since I started so I will hopefully go back and edit it properly when I finish writing it. 

Anyway I hope y'all like this chapter.

Warning: fluff fluff fluff

Joe woke up with a pounding headache. This was becoming a reoccurring theme. He turned to his side and noticed Caspar beside him, their legs tangled together and his arm splayed across Caspar's chest. 

He groaned internally thinking back to the night before, and decided that he would enjoy this moment of peace before waking Caspar. They had to talk. He knew that. But he also just wanted to look at Caspar for a little while. 

Caspar's hair was perfectly messy, his lips slightly parted, his face relaxed. Joe could look at him for hours. He watched Caspar's chest expand and contract as he breathed softly. He watched the curve of Caspar's body as he stirred in his sleep.

Joe slowly removed his arm from Caspar's chest causing Caspar to mumble something and frown, still half asleep. 

Joe loved this. He wanted to stay like this forever. But this peace, it had to come to an end. They had to talk. 

"Cas." He said quietly. 

Caspar opened his eyes slowly and turned his face towards Joe. He raised his eyebrows slightly and tilted his head. 

"Hi." 

"Hi."

"Joe listen-" Caspar started.

"No." 

"What?" 

"No. I will not listen Cas. It's your turn to listen." Joe stated.

Caspar looked like he was going to argue but instead nodded his head and sat up in Joe's bed, snuggling further into the blanket and looking down at Joe.

"Okay. Look Caspar, I'm really sorry. For everything. I shouldn't have walked out when you told me you had feelings for me. I shouldn't have avoided your calls. I shouldn't have ignored you. I shouldn't have kissed you at Jack's and I shouldn't have gotten so drunk I couldn't stand. I shouldn't have called you and you shouldn't have answered. I still don't know why you came to pick me up, why you looked after me even after everything that's happened. I don't know what I did to deserve you in my life." Joe said honestly.

"Joe I care about you. You are my best friend and the fact that I have feelings for you is never going to change that. I hope you know that I will always be here to take care of you when you need me. I will always be here for you." Caspar replied.

"And that means the absolute world to me Cas, it really does," Joe said, "and I need you to know something too. I need you to know that yes I was drunk yesterday, completely wasted if I'm perfectly honest. But I meant what I said."

Caspar raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"I like you. A lot. As more than a friend. I've liked you for a while now actually, I just never thought you would feel the same. And I know this could destroy our friendship and ruin what we have. And I know I don't deserve you. And I understand if you want nothing to do with me after everything I've done to hurt you. But if you want to give me a chance - give us a chance - I promise I will do everything I can to make it work. I will do everything I can to make you happy. To make you laugh and smile every day." Joe said.

Caspar looked at him with the cutest smile on his face. His soft expression made Joe's heart melt. So he smiled back. 

"Is that a yes?" He asked, "do you want to give us a chance?"