Chapter 20 ~ Kiss me

Joe was confused. Extremely confused. Caspar had told him that he liked him. So why had he reacted like that? Joe decided that it must have been a joke. Why would Caspar like him?

He shook his head and a few tears rolled down his cheeks. 

He quickly wiped them away and ran downstairs. Caspar was nowhere to be seen. Thank god. He found Jack and asked him to pour him a shot.

"Yeah of course," Jack said as he handed Joe a shot glass, "listen Joe we're really sorry. I don't know what went down between you and Caspar but we were only trying to help. We shouldn't have meddled, I really am sorry."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it," Joe said, "you didn't fuck up our friendship. I did."

"Joe I'm sure you can work it out. You guys are best friends. You can't not be in each other's lives." Jack said.

"I'm afraid Caspar already made that choice." Joe said bitterly.

He downed the shot and asked Jack for another. And another. And another. Jack tried to refuse at first, telling Joe that he can't drown his sorrows in alcohol. 

But eventually he gave in because Joe just looked so sad and Jack wanted to do something to cheer him up. Anything. So he poured him another shot. And another. And another. 

•  •  •

An hour later they were both drunk off their asses, giggling in the corner.  

"...and then she slapped me and just walked away." Jack laughed. 

Joe's sides hurt from laughing so much. 

"Well I can't say you didn't deserve it." He smirked before bursting out laughing again. 

"True." 

"Can I tell youuu a secret?" Joe whispered. 

Jack nodded.

"I have a teeny tiny crush on Caspar. Actually n-no...I like him a lottt. Like so so much. Like a lot." Joe mumbled.

He then tried to press a finger to his mouth, failing and holding it up to his cheek instead.

"But ssshhhhhh you can't tell a-anyone okay?" 

Jack laughed. 

"Can I tell you a secret?" He asked.

"Of course."

"I-I already knew." 

Joe's eyes widened. He was more than slightly intoxicated.

"No!" He gasped.

"Yes." 

"Oh my god! How'd you know?" He laughed.

"Errybody knows." 

Joe couldn't stop laughing. If he was sober, he wouldn't have found the situation remotely funny. However, he was not sober. Very not sober. Extremely not sober.

"Imma call him." He said when he'd calmed down.

"Yessss."

Joe grabbed his phone and somehow managed to unlock it and find Caspar in his contacts. 

He pressed call and waited, him and Jack still giggling over nothing.

"Joe? Are you okay?" Caspar asked urgently.

"You picked up." Joe said, surprised. It wasn't really a question, more like a statement.

"Of course I picked up. You call me at 3 in the morning and expect me to not pick up? I thought something was wrong." Caspar said.