The Date That Started It All

Just a little something between Gar and Shawn (aka Ritz) because I seriously lowkey ship it and bloopy-moons asked for one in the Alternate Ending of I Love You, Asshole so this is a thing now. Also, I don't think this ship was a thing before so what do you guys think about the ship name Garitz? Cuz that's the best I got.

This, what I'm writing, is literally super overdone for me cuz I do this constantly but it's still like really cute. Like I've said constantly that this is what I want my first date to be. Like that's how dedicated to this idea I am. And the place being described is a cul-de-sac on a backroad near my house so this is a place that actually exists.

~♡~♥~♡~

Shawn Arthur was a man with a plan.

Garuku Bluemoon was the man whom the plan consisted of.

Shawn and Gar had been friends for a long time. They were practically inseparable. Only neither of them thought of the other as just a friend, but both were too afraid to say anything about it.

Until one day, they weren't.

Shawn was the one to ask Gar out. But he did that in a way Gar didn't expect.

Shawn showed up at Gar's house, a picnic basket and blanket was shoved into the backseat of his car hidden from sight. He had a plan. And he had to fulfill it.

"Shawn, what are you doing here?" Gar asked with a smile on his face as he opened the door to reveal the man whom which all his affection lies.

Shawn grabbed Gar's hand, pulling him close until they were chest to chest, faces an inch away from each other.

"We are going on a date." Shawn would say cheekily, kissing Gar's nose and pulling him along with him to his car, barely giving him enough time to pull his front door closed.

"It's about fucking time." Gar mumbled under his breath, a blush covering his face. Shawn smiled sheepishly at him before shutting the car door after him, going to the driver's side, and getting in to take them to his destination.

The place Shawn had chosen for their date was a secluded area just out of town. There was a back road Shawn found a while back away from civilization with a cul-de-sac at the end. From the cul-de-sac, the view was magnificent. On one side, a forested area was seen, seperating them from the world; on the other side, the was a large open field, all that could be seen for miles was just green, with more trees in the distance that they could barely see. It was beautiful. Neither could deny that.

Shawn got the stuff for the picnic out of his car as he spoke. "I found this place a while back. No one ever comes down here, it's my own little corner of the earth, you could say. Sorry I never brought you here, I was saving this secret for someone special. For someone I love."

Gar smiled shyly, looking back at Shawn from where he was looking before out in the distance. "And I'm that person?" He asked. Shawn nodded his head, closing his car door and turning to face Gar, matching his smile.

"I can't think of anyone I'd rather share this place with." Shawn responded honestly.

It only took a few minutes to set up the blanket and for the two to get settled on it. What Shawn packed was just a basic picnic: a few sandwiches, some fruit, a Dr Pepper for Gar, and a water bottle for himself.

"I don't understand how you only drink water." Gar mumbled jokingly, taking a drink of the Dr Pepper.

Shawn shrugged. "It's the healthiest thing for you to drink."

The two talked amongst each other as they ate. They were out there for hours, neither paying a bit of attention to the time. They were just enjoying each other's company. As they were talking, the started moving closer to each other until they were close enough for Gar to rest his head on Shawn's shoulder. Not that either of them noticed. They were too wrapped up in the other's mere presence to care about the proximity at which they sat.

It wasn't until the sun started to set that they realized how long they've been there. Time just seemed to completely fly by.

Shawn grabbed Gar's hand in his. "Gar, come here." Shawn whispered.

Gar lifted his head from the other's shoulder, confused momentarily until Shawn shifted so he was laying down on the blanket. Gar was quick to follow, laying his head comfortably of Shawn's chest.

"Don't speak. Just watch." Shawn mumbled, wrapping his arms around Gar and just playing with his hair as they watched the sun setting. It was beautiful, especially considering the view they had.

They watched in comfortable silence as they sun disappeared behind the open field in front of them. Gar was completely in awe of the sight. Shawn, having witnessed the sunset here many times before, was stuck in a trance as he watched Gar. The man was a beauty to behold, in Shawn's opinion.

The sun was almost gone by the time the next move was made. Gar had shifted so he was looking up at Shawn, a smile stuck on his face. Shawn was still staring at the man cuddled against him in complete and utter love and affection.

"I love you, Garuku Bluemoon." Shawn said softly, running a hand through Gar's hair as he spoke. Gar blushed, a small, content sigh escaping his lips.

"I love you too, Shawn Arthur."

And with that said, Shawn leaned down and greated Gar with their first kiss, just as the sun was disappearing in the distance.

~♡~♥~♡~

I just want to talk a bit more about this. I have done variations of this for different ships in different fandoms. This was even the date my "girlfriend" took me on in a role play I used to do with a friend of mine a few years back. Like, I may just be a romantic at heart, but this is exactly what I want to experience some day.

There's a little part to this fantasy of mine that I didn't add in to this that's basically one of them just serenading the other as they watched the sun set. So that's the whole fantasy. It may be cheesy and and shit but it's kinda a special thing to me.

And the cul-de-sac that's mentioned, as I said, is a real place in walking distance from my house. I go there a lot when I'm upset or angry. It's my little get away. As it said there, no one goes down there or, they didn't. I don't go down there as much anymore because my little area is being urbanized. A house was built really close to the area, so close you can see it from the cul-de-sac and there's a construction area on the other side of the cul-de-sac from the road so it's no longer available to me which is upsetting but there's not much I can do about it.

But anyways, what do you guys think about Shawn/Gar? Cuz I think it's adorable as fuck.