Chapter Eleven

Yay, a long update! :) Hope you all enjoy this. I wasn't going to update until tomorrow, but I figured that where this chapter ends was a good stopping point for now. :) I'll try to update soon, I promise. And also, please read the ending author's note. I have a question I need to ask you guys. :)

Chapter dedicated to both @Supergirl84 & @the69stylescode. Both of you had such amazing comments, and I love you both for such kind words! :D However, since I cannot dedicate the chapter to both of you at the same time I hope you won't mind if one gets a dedication for this chapter and the other for the last one. :) I just couldn't decide between you both! haha. Thank you! :D

Enjoy the story, sorry for the long note! Haha.

Harry's arm was wrapped tightly around my shoulders after he repeatedly insisted that I actually put my arms through the sleeves of his jacket, instead of just draping it over my body. He claimed that it defeated the purpose in hiding what was obviously for his eyes only. I had rolled my eyes at him, but did as I was told anyway. I didn't feel like coming back at him with a sarcastic comment, and I believe that had something to do with how my stomach suddenly felt upset.

I guess realizing that your death could come at any time could do that to a person. My bottom lip was taken between my teeth as I glanced around the room for about the tenth time in five minutes. It was back to normal now, everything in place and nothing was knocked over, making it look as if nothing had happened.

Perrie and Zayn weren't anywhere to be found, and I couldn't help but feel a bit relieved. I felt guilty as well for that thought, however, who could blame me? Zayn almost killed me for even trying to talk to her. How can someone be so heartless and make someone be isolated just because she pulled away from you? I don't even think Harry, the supposed cruelest Lord, could do that, but then again, Harry told me he liked a challenge, and I was his first real one.

"Over here, love," Harry said as he gestured toward the long table. All of the plating arrangements and silverware were back into perfect alignment, yet again, it felt as if nothing had happened.

I slowly walked toward the table and his touch left my back, only to pull out a chair near the end of the table. I smiled a small smile at him before sitting down and fixing my dress over my knees. My shoes were dropped onto the floor beside me and I wondered how I would be able to walk outside. Surely Harry wouldn't want me walking bare foot outside where I could end up hurting myself.

And not to mention how I would be wasting my blood.

I grimaced faintly at the contemplation I had created, and shoved it away. This was my birthday. My nineteenth birthday. Why couldn't I just enjoy it?

My attention snapped back to reality as soon as I felt Harry's cool fingers intertwined with me, and my stomach did a small flip as I gently squeezed his back. For once, his actions didn't seem possessive. This small gesture only appeared to me that he wanted to comfort me because he felt my apprehenision from the altercation that happened moments before. My throat still ached a bit, but I think it was probably just in my mind. The vampire blood in my system had probably healed it by now.

I bit my lip faintly and looked around until I saw Louis standing near the back of the room with Eleanor. Their lips were moving, much to fast for me to even attempt to read them, and their expressions were almost nervous. What were they talking about?

This was one of the first time I wished that I had an ability that a vampire possessed, and I didn't exactly know why. I mean, I knew why I wanted it; I wanted to hear what both Louis and Eleanor were talking about with such expression, but why now? This wasn't the first conversation that I've ever wanted to eavesdrop on, and I've never before wished for vampire hearing. However, I think the reason I wanted to know so badly was because I just knew that they were talking about me to some extent. I mean, what else could they have been saying to each other?