Epilogue: That Butler....Happily Ever After...

Kat bit her lip as her nerves threatened to spill over. For the first time in her life she was scared beyond belief. The butterflies in her stomach threatened to explode with restrained excitement and nerves.

Would he be there? She had heard of women being left at the altar at human weddings but hadn’t really been worried. She still wasn’t, she knew Sebastian wouldn’t leave her alone, but as this was a demon ‘wedding’ she had no idea what to expect and she didn’t want to embarrass him. Not when this would be the mark of the rest of their life together. And a long life it would be, Rhose’s wedding gift to the both of them was to bestow Kat with a portion of his powers.

His along with her Animal Speech and Shape shifting had been more than enough to guarantee Sebasatian and Kat a forever together.

Lizzie tightened the strings of the back of the gown once more before tying the ends into an elegant bow, “There Kat, you look amazing! Are you ready?”

Her tongue dry as sand, Kat nodded, “Yes, I think I am.”

The Lady took her hand and led her to the front of the small pavilion Vinny had erected for Kat to get dressed in. “You’ll be fine.” And then she handed her off to Rhose who stood tall in a black suit with his hair pulled back and a black rose tucked into the lapel of his coat.

At the sight of her he smiled, “You are beautiful.”

“Thank you.”

“You know its not to late to say no.” he wiggled his eyebrows comically, making Kat laugh, expelling the nerves that had had held her in such a vice grip a minute before. She took his hand without comment and let him lead her down the grassy aisle where dusk’s last shadows were chasing away the sun’s last rays of sunlight. Sebastian stood at the end of the aisle a look of wonderment on his face.

Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him; she still couldn’t believe that he would ask her to marry him. It had been so unexpected, he had asked her just out of the blue one day, that she had at first thought she was hearing things.

They had decided to follow the traditions of a demon union and had held the wedding in the evening, just before sunset, with a party planned by Grell afterwards that would last into the wee hours of the morning.

Sebastian hadn’t been particularly pleased by that fact, nor by the others that had shown up to celebrate their wedding and to help with the preparations.

Agni and the prince had shown up a few days prior, taking control of the wedding feast. Grell and Will hadn’t been far behind and had laid claim to the after party and budget duties of the wedding. And Lizzie of course was in charge of the outfits. She had designed and ordered Kat’s dress by herself. A black ball gown, streaked with red tulle, and fitted at the top into a corseted bodice. Kat carried a bouquet of black roses, their petals tipped in white paint.

They reached the end of the aisle Rhose took the ceremonial knife out of his pocket and made a small cut on the palm of her and Sebastian’s hand. Pushing their hands together he spoke, his low voice carrying easily, “May this mingling of blood signify the mixing of two different souls, brought together by their love and devotion for each other.” He took a white ribbon from his pocket and wound it around their hands, “And let this signify the bonds that you two have built, and the futures you have tied together by repeating the following vows.”

Kat spared a nervous grin up at Sebastian, one he reflected. “Kat, repeat after me. In my chest beats a heart only you can reach. For my eternal soul there is only one that can give me the solace and protection that my soul seeks. I vow to forever keep a place in my heart that only you can access.” Kat repeated verbatim and Rhose turned his attention to Sebastian, “Now, Sebastian, repeat after me. I hear the vow you have made, and offer my own in reply. You give me your heart; I will provide it a safe haven, where none will be able to harm it. You twine your soul with mine; I swear to provide a stable foundation for which we may never crumble. Lastly, you swear to keep me in your heart always, I swear to do the same and love you beyond the day The Four Riders take the world.”

Sebastian looked into Kat’s eyes, the ruby of his eyes softening as he repeated his part of the vows, before adding at the end his own words, “And for those who think to take you from me know that they never will for as we speak these words we carry each other in our hearts. Let them know that none can exorcise our hearts, that they can expel these demons. These demons in our hearts.” And then he kissed her, and Kat lost all ability to think.

___________________________________________________________

Yay! Kat and Sebastian=Happily Ever After! Took them long enough...anyway thanks to everyone who has read, added this story, voted, and commented. It means a lot and I hope that you enjoyed following Kat and Sebastian through their journey as much as I did. I'm thinking about starting a D. Gray Man fanfic next, but if you guys have any suggestions I'm open to them. Rhose's Special will heopefully be up by either Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks again to everyone who has read and is reading!

-Shadowquill