Special #3: A Day At The Lake

The sun filtered through her window in broken rays as Kat stretched, it was a lazy morning, it was nearly five and she was only just now getting up. Good thing its Sunday, the young master should be at Miss Elizabeth’s yet along with everyone else.

It had been the young lady’s idea to throw a party over the weekend for friends and family, inviting even the Phantomhive servants to join in the fun. Kat had been feeling a little unwell, and had declined in favor of staying at the manor.

The silence that reigned was slightly comforting but not as comforting as it usually would be, the noise of the three stooges, as Sebastian called them, was noticeably absent making Kat feel dreadfully alone as she walked down the stairs of the entrance hall.

I wonder what I should do with my day. Sebastian didn’t leave me any work, and said that they would be eating at Lizzie’s so I wouldn’t have to worry about supper. So what should I do? A knock came from the door, Well I suppose first things first, answer the door.

Putting a bright and happy smile on her face Kat opened the door to Sebastian.

“You are coming with me.” He seized her wrist and tugged her towards the waiting carriage.

Baffled Kat followed, “Where are we going?”

Sebastian regarded her coolly, I see he’s still Mr. Grouch…“Miss Elizabeth feels terrible about you not being able to attend and has organized another fun filled day of merriment.”

“What do you mean by fun filled?”

_____________________________________________________________

“No! No, not going to happen!”

“Yes, it is. I had to suffer through last night alone; you are going to suffer through this.” He shoved her into the changing booth. “Now change.”

“Cats hate water you know!” She called out at him, seething inwardly.

“I don’t really care as long as you don’t change in front of Miss Elizabeth.” He called back.

Carefully she peaked out and saw black, Darn it, he’s standing guard…I guess I have no choice. She stared with a mixture of distaste and hate at the red and white striped bathing suite he had thrown in with her. I really don’t like to swim with people watching.

And truth be told ever since Rhose had put the Binding Collar around her neck she had become even more feline in nature. Just the other day Sebastian had been dicing some Salmon for the Earl’s dinner and she had been sorely tempted to steal a small piece.

“Hurry Up, Kat. I’m not leaving until you are out here and in the water; Miss Elizabeth is waiting for you.”

Resisting the urge to flip him off she felt the collar burn slightly, its silent warning to keep her temper in check. Alright Kat, just swim for a few hours, make Elizabeth happy and then sneak away, it’s that simple.

The problem was, she had a gut feeling it wasn’t going to be that simple. She finished changing and stepped out into the sun, pushing the annoying butler out of the way as she went. It may be childish but sometimes being childish feels so satisfying.

____________________________________________________________

“Admiring are we?” Rhose walked up behind the butler and rested an arm across his shoulder, “Im afraid Im going to have to tell you to either look away or have your pupils cut out of your eyes.” He smiled pleasantly, and then waved at Kat who was playing in the water with Lizzie. The water making the already small swimsuit cling to her slender form.