Chapter 19: Dance to the Rythm of the Night

“This dress is absolutely perfect on you Kat, it looks amazing! Maybe Ciel does have some fashion sense after all.” Lizzie plucked a stray hair off of the soft pink gown. “We had to get creative this time around though, we can’t have two masquerades in a row, so instead we are going to have to make sure your hair and make-up are perfect.”

Kat smoothed the wrinkled in the dress as she sat primly on the edge of the bed,“Face Paint? I’m not sure, I’ve never worn make up before and the only hair style I’ve ever managed to do is a pony tail.”

“I can see that, that’s why I’m here to help silly.” Lizzie gently puled the hair tie out of Kat’s hair, letting the long black strands to cascade down around her face. “You have such beautiful hair,how do you get it to be so soft?”

I bathe in cold water that’s how.But she wasn’t going to say that, it would sound as if she was being sassy, even though it was the truth. “I’m not entirely sure.”

Lizzie began to run a brush through the thick waves, “Well, here’s what I plan on doing, you see this time there won’t be a mask to cover your face, so I was going to let your hair down, but pinned back slightly so it’s not constantly in your face. We’ll curl it so it has a little more volume. We’ll make sure to put silver eye shadow on, to make your eyes look brighter and a touch of powder on your cheeks to make you look a little paler.”

This sounds all too confusing, “Sure, you know what you’re doing not me.”

______________________________________________________________

“Ciel, what is the point of all this? We already know the two curries are of equal quality, why do you wish to have them compete again?” Prince Soma asked form where he stood beside the Earl, how he had wormed his way into coming along Sebastian was unsure.

They had arrived at Miss Elizabeth’s manor early, so that preparations for the curry contest would be able to be accomplished, the guests would be arriving at three-o-clock. The perfect amount of time to prepare the curry.

“It’s just for fun; a little competition never hurt anyone.”

Sebastian arched a brow at the boy’s words but wisely kept the grin that threatened hidden, that’s my young master, playing with his pawns as ever.

“Ciel!”Lizzie appeared at the top of the stairs in a simple light blue gown, a smile on her radiant face as she descended to embrace her betrothed. “Oh, Ciel! We’re done, you should see, it’s amazing!”

The Earl sighed, “Very well, later, right now I would like to introduce Prince Soma and his servant Agni, and they will be guests tonight at the ball.” Agni bowed while the Prince extended his hand in greeting. “Hello, Miss Elizabeth, we have heard a lot about you and all of it good I can assure you.”

It was the butler’s turn to sigh, “Miss Elizabeth if I may, the curry needs time to be prepared. I believe Agni also will be in need of the kitchen.”

“Of course, it’s that way,” She gestured towards a vacant hallway that was secreted behind the grand staircase that was the centerpiece of the foyer.

Without another word Sebastian gathered his supplies and stalked towards the kitchen, going over in his mind the ingredients he had and if he had remembered everything. It simply won’t do if the curry isn’t made with the proper ingredients, they have to be the best…for…what is that smell? The scent of vanilla and roses teased his nose, is this perfume?

It actually smells rather good, I think it a waste though, that Lizzie should put such expensive scents on her servants. He hated to be in such a manner anyway, but it was a truth, no one but a lady should wear perfume and the only lady of the house currently was with her fiancé in the foyer.