2.2

The dorm was a pretty nice to place, to put it simply. It was big, for one. And bright. I trailed behind Woozi, looking around in fascination. Mingyu did a good job cleaning this place up. At least, I assume it was him.

"So." Woozi turned his head to smile at me. "You probably have a lot of questions so ask away."

There was one thing bothering me. "Hey, Jihoon. I thought kpop idols weren't allowed to live with the opposite sex. And you guys live with the manager, right?"

"The manager?" Woozi stopped at a closed door. "This was the manager's room. He moved out to make space for you and Sunhee."

Huh. So I'll be sharing a room with that girl. Hopefully she's nice.

"And about living with the opposite sex..." He paused, thinking. "To be honest, I don't know why Pledis made an exception and allowed you too." He chuckled a bit. "I know, this sounds like a scene from a poorly written fanfiction in which the author couldn't come up with a plausible explanation why the mc is allowed to live with the idols."

"Oh." I honestly didn't know what to say. I thought the job I was supposed to do was also like something a lame author would come up with. But then again, what was I to complain?

Woozi opened to the door and I peeked in. It was small, but cozy. Two loft beds lines both walls. And there were two built on each side of the doorway. Between the two bed, facing the door, was a window. Woozi pulled the curtains up, letting sunlight shine in the room.

"Well, here's your room. I'll leave you to let you unpack. There's a private bathroom too, if you look to the right." He pointed to a white door at the foot of the bed on the right.

He set down my suitcase and started to walk out.

"Wait!"

He turned, confused. "Yes?"

I didn't want to admit I don't want to be left alone in this household full of strangers. Yes, I knew their faces but to them, I was just another stranger. "Umm," I said, desperately trying to come up with something to say. "Can you give me a tour of the dorm?"

"Sure. I'll come back fifteen minutes later." He said, and turned to leave. He closed the door after saying, "It's nice to meet you, Yenling."

I slumped down on the floor. Right. Time to unpack and gather up my nerves so I won't end up making a fool out of myself.

I hastily flung open my suitcase, grabbing my clothes and hanging them neatly in the closet nearest me. Random thought, I should go shopping sometime. I don't have nearly enough clothes to last me a month. And I needed new shoes.

I emptied the remaining contents on the floor. I climbed up the loft bed, trying to place the suitcase on top of the closet when the door opened. Shit.

Woozi looked at the pile of stuff on the floor. Then he looked up at me, still trying to lift the suitcase onto the closet. "Woah. Be careful." He said, eyes widening. "You're going to drop it."

With agile movements he climbed up the ladder and onto the loft bed, leaning past me and taking the suitcase from my hands. He placed it on the top carefully. He dusted off his hands. "Next time, Ling, ask for help."

"Umm. Thanks." I said. This is my life now, better get used to interacting with the boys. Calm down. Stop beating so fast, you goddamned heart. Deep breaths.

He jumped down, and reached out to help me down the ladder. Don't blush. Don't blush.

"Let me show you around now." Woozi placed a hand on my shoulder and lead me outside and down the hallway.