4.9

"She can't leave!" Jihoon slammed his fist on the table. "What do you mean, fire her?"

The manager cleared his throat. His fingers tapping the table in an irritated manner. "Mr. Lee, We've been over this. Can you deny that she was the reason of how this comeback turned out?"

"Yes!" Jihoon's face was red, veins popping from his forehead. It was quite a rare sight, seeing him get this angry. "And you're stupid as shit if you believe in that fuckery!"

"Mr. Lee," the manager cleared his throat once more. "Language."

Woozi let out another string of curse words before Wonwoo covered his mouth and pulled him back down on his seat.

All of the members were present in the meeting room in the Pledis building. Including Sunhee and I. The manager called us all over to discuss what they should do to me.

As if I was some kind of criminal that needed punishment.

Jun sat opposite of me, expressionless. Arms crossed, leaning back on his chair. He didn't look at me once.

And I miss him. So close, yet so far away. We didn't talk since that night. And I didn't tell anyone else. I didn't have the courage to.

It took all my energy just to resist the urge to completely break down in front of him.

He looked so cold. So wrong. It wasn't like him at all.

"Manager-nim," Wonwoo said, his hand still over Woozi's mouth. "I think you should rethink that decision." His tone made it clear that if he didn't, he would make him. He sounded deadly calm, a ticking time bomb.

The manager sighed. "We shall vote on the final decision." He looked across the room, trying to look everyone in the eye, but since everyone had their head lowered or staring the other way, he gave up, sighing again. "Who is in favor of letting Yenling stay?"

Woozi's hand shot up. So did Wonwoo' s. Minghao's. But that was it. It was to be expected. I had already braced myself for this outcome. I remained silent.

Another hand raised slightly. Huh. Now this was unexpected. Who is the incredibly lucky guy who escaped Sunhee's brainwashing session? My gaze focused on his face.

Dino.

I gasped silently. Chan? He must've heard the question wrong. He avoided my questioning gaze, and spoke up. "I feel like it's wrong to kick her out like that. She deserves another chance."

"But Channie!" Sunhee protested, rising up from her seat. "Channie, don't you remember what she did to me? You told me yourself that it was unforgivable!"

"I-"

"It doesn't matter." Soonyoung interuppted. "The minority voted for her to stay." He leaned back, arms crossed.

Silence settled around the room, and I felt eyes turning to me, probably to watch my reaction.

Will I start crying? Will I run out of the room in distress? Will I flip the table in rage?

Well, all I know is I won't do any of that. Doing that would only satisfy Sunhee. I'm going to make sure not everything goes her way, even if it's just tiny things such as reacting the way she anticipated.

"Okay." Trying not to break my voice was hard. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Be strong. "I guess I'll start packing."

"No!" The sound was like a shot fired, a bullet puncturing the silent atmosphere. Minghao slammed his palms against the table, standing up. "You're not going anywhere, Yenling."