5.7

"Hey. Jun?"

He was in one of the training rooms, this one with a piano. He was rehearsing his solo for the comebacl. He paused, turning to the door, expectant.

And he was right, Yenling stood in the doorway, smiling and waving at him. Her eyes turned into slits when she smiled like that. How cute. And she was holding something in her hands.

"Shorty?" He felt a grin tugging at the corner of his lips. "What are you doing here?"

"To tell you to take a break." She said, walking in and closing the door. "You know it's ten in the night, right?"

Ah. He hasn't noticed the time. Scratching his head, he turned to look at the time, and turned back to Yenling sheepishly. "But I want this to be perfect."

"But this isn't even for the comeback stage." She protested, leaning in closer to look at the music sheets. "And you need to rest."

"It's for one of the other stages, but-"

"Look at your hands!" She exclaimed, grabbing his hand and gently ran her fingers over his red, swollen ones. "How long have you been practicing?"

"Uhh..." He was too busy staring at her to answer. She looked extremely beautiful today, but she wasn't wearing any makeup. She even had her glasses on, which made her eyes look even smaller. But somehow, all of these made her look perfect. Her soft black hair tickled his face when she bent down to examine his fingers, murmuring in worry.

"Okay, you definitely need to stop." She said sharply, grabbing the music sheet and putting it behind her back. "Or your fingers are going to fall off."

He easily reached behind her and snatched the papers back, smirking. "What were you saying?"

She pouted, and it was as if an arrow pierced through his chest. She was extremely cute doing that. "Jun!" She whined. "Listen to me. Rest."

He felt an urge to pull her down and kiss her. But he controlled himself. Instead, he slid his hand into hers, intertwining them. He smiled up at her. "Okay."

Yenling visibly relaxed. "Good." She gave him a container, filled with sliced apples. "Thought you might be hungry, so I-" She looked away, blushing a bit.

Aww, she's being bashful. His heart fluttered a bit, but he decided to play around with her. He always enjoyed looking at her face turn into that shade of red when he said something she didn't expect. "Feed me." He said, looking closely at her expression.

"Wh-what?" She said, stuttering, her cheeks turning scarlet. "I mean, since your hands are so swollen and all, I guess-"

He burst out laughing. "Shorty, you're too cute."

"Shut up." She muttered, slapping her cheeks, apparently aware the change of color on her face. "Just eat your goddamned apples."

He reached in with the fork, but Yenling pushed his hand away. He raised his eyebrows. Her eyes were darting all over the place, just like whenever she was nervous about something. "You're hands are hurt, so I sort of have to feed you." She stammered, her face turning into a more brilliant shade of red. She held out her fork, and leaned closer. She wouldn't even look at him, and her hand was shaking.

They were both sitting on the floor now, but he still had to look down to see her. She was so tiny. But she wasn't fragile, not at all.

He resisted a smile, and leaned it and took a bite. The apple tasted bittersweet. He chewed, and swallowed. "Shorty?"

"Yeah?"

"Where would you like to go on out first anniversary?"

She nearly dropped the apples. "What? We've only been dating for three months, Jun. Too soon, maybe?"