4.4

"Why the fuck would you do that?" I blurted out. Then I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth. That outburst surprised everyone, especially S.Coups.

But really? Breaking up? And they were so happy together as well.

"Yeah, Coups. Why did you break up with her?" Joshua asked, in a much gentler voice.

Seungcheol didn't look up from his lap, and spoke in a dull monotone. "Yesterday, a fan harassed her on the street, calling her a whore and slut. She ignored her at first, but the fan started shoving her and screaming that she 'stole Seungcheol away from her'."

Jeonghan and Joshua were nodding along, as if it all made complete sense. But it didn't. What, did Seungcheol think he was protecting her by breaking up with her? No way was he this stupid.

"There will be more of these in the future." Coups continued, burying his face in his palms. "I can't allow that. I can't bare seeing her get hurt because of me."

I take it back. He was stupid. And I said it out loud as well. "Are you fucking dumb?"

He raised his head, startled.

Joshua glared at me, sending me a signal to stop, but I ignored him. Somehow I knew this breakup was part of Sunhee's plans, whatever that is.

"Listen, Seungcheol." I leaned forward so I was looking him straight in the eye. "You don't want her to get hurt because of you? That's bullshut. Tell me you didn't hurt her when you broke up with her. Tell me she didn't cry. Tell me you broke her fucking heart, because you did, Seungcheol. You prevented her from hurting physically, but you broke her fucking heart." I jabbed at his chest at every syllable. I felt somehow pissed.

"Why do you care anyway, Yenling?" Jeonghan said, scowling. "You were the one that made all this happen."

"I don't care what you think about me, or what you think I did." I retorted. "Our leader here was stupid enough to think breaking up with her was enough to stop everything."

"But... But she understands." Seungcheol was struggling with his words. "She understands I was only trying to protect her, she said so-"

"Of course she would say so!" I said in exasperation. "She lied. It's as simple as that. Do you know how much it hurts when someone you love dearly suddenly breaks any connection between you?"

"But if I didn't, she'll get harassed by more people, and she's going to be in danger! Because of me!" Seungcheol yelled back, frustration and sadness amplifying his voice.

"You're a fucking coward." I said quietly. "You're worried it's going to be your fault, huh? You don't want to take the blame is she gets hurt. So you break up with her. Isn't that right?"

"What? No-"

"But that's what your actions say. You're supposed to be by her side, protecting her. You're supposed to support her, fight for her, not just fucking give up and end the whole relationship."

"Yenling, that's enough." Joshua said. He sounded dangerous.

"Joshua, I don't want to see two perfectly happy people break up because one of them is stupid as shit."

Seungcheol was silent for a long moment. Finally, he looked at me. His eyes seemed clearer. "Someone told me it was better to break up with her. She said I was only making it worse by staying by her side. That I would also ruin my career by making my fans angry."

"It was Sunhee, wasn't it?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

He didn't answer, but I knew I was right. "That little bitch-"