5.1

He leaned on the railing, overlooking the city. The lights were dimming one by one as the night went on.

Behind him, the door creaked open, and someone stepped into the night air. He didn't have to turn to know who it was. "Sunhee."

"I knew I'll find you here, Junnie." There was a giggle, and she was behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist.

He tensed, pulled her hands off his body. "Stop. No one can see us here."

"Wro-ong!" She sang, pointing at a space just above the door frame. "I've installed hidden cameras everywhere. And there." She pointed at the far corner.

"Why am I not surprised." He muttered. He stepped away from the girl, leaving a fair amount of distance between them. "So, what do you want?"

"To inform you about our victory! After that little scene in the bedroom, she's bound to leave for sure!" She beamed, giggly. "After all, she's just a pathetic, heartbroken little girl. She can't stand to see us together."

"Your victory. Not ours." His face hardened. "I hope you'll keep your promise."

"Of course, Junnie. I ne-ver break my promises." She replied, still in that sing song voice.

He resisted the urge to reach out and wrap his hands around her neck, choking her. "Then do it now. Delete them. And leave us."

"Nah." She started skipping in a circle around him. "I changed my mind."

"What?!" He couldn't keep his eyes on her with her twirling around.

"Yeah." She stopped, a little too close to him for comfort. In a flash she leaned in and pecked him on the lips. "Why should I? You're much happier with me anyway. You should forget about her."

He stumbled back, hand over mouth. "We both know we hate each other." He snarled, guard up. "I finished my part of the deal, so leave Yenling alone."

Sunhee waved her hand dismissedly. "Yeah, yeah, you're no fun, Junnie." She pouted. "I have to wait until she really leaves though. Then I'll fulfill my promise."

He sighed. "Fine. Now get out of here."

Sunhee turned, but didn't leave. She looked down at the mess of blankets on the floor, and smiled. "Aww, Junnie, is this where you told Yenling about your wish on your one hundredth airplane? That's so sweet."

He clenched and unclenched his fists. She was testing his patience. "Just get out of my sight."

"Okay, fine. I'll go check on Yenling to make sure she's packing." She gave him an enthusiastic little wave. "See you!"

He turned away, leaned on the railing once more. This time, there was a taxi parked at the feet of the building. Must be her ride.

And he was right. Minutes later, there she was, rushing out, suitcase behind her. The sight of her struck him hard, more than he imagined it would. This was it. He might never even see her again.

The taxi drove off, disappearing in the streets.

And he felt empty. She left, taking a part of him with her, a part no one else could ever fill.

He longed to at least say goodbye, but he didn't deserve it. He was the reason of her absence, after all. He didn't deserve to contact her, to stare at all the pictures of her in his phone, to even miss her. He was given one role, one, and that was to love and protect her, and he failed.

Although all of this was for her sake. She'd be much safer back in Taiwan.

He slumped to the floor, energy suddenly draining out of him. He felt so tired, his heart so heavy.