Thirty-Nine:And that's how I lost my best friend

Mara

After hours, the plane lands and I'm back.

Back to my old life.

Back to the life I wanted to run away from.

Once we arrive back home, I am enveloped in my moms arms.

"Did you have fun?" She beams at me.

"It was amazing." I say, unable to keep the smile from my face.

"Well you can tell me all about it later." She says with a smile.

I pull away when someone knocks at the door.

"I'll get it." I say and open it to see Stella.

"You're back!" She grins and tackles me.

"I missed youuu!!! Why didn't you tell me you left for Paris?" She says, looking more excited than I was when we landed in Paris.

"I just...forgot, I guess." I shrug.

She frowns. "You forgot about your bestfriend?" She pouts playfully.

"Nope. I didn't want you following me on the plane and stalking us through the whole trip.

"I would never!" She says, placing her hand on her chest to feign shock. I laugh at her behaviour and pull her into a hug.

"Well thank you for not stalking us and it's good to see you again. I missed you." I say faking tears and we both laugh.

We are silenced by a ringtone echoing the room. We all turn to Dylan, where the noise is coming from.

"Sorry." He says and excuses himself.

"Well I'll leave you two and yes Stella can stay tonight." My mom says and I grin. "Thanks mom." I reply and Stella follows me upstairs to my bedroom.

"Well, I need a shower." I say tiredly. "Some of your clothes are still here somewhere- if you can find them." I humour, gesturing to my pig sty of a bedroom.

She chuckles and I grab some of my pyjamas from my drawer; going into the bathroom.

I step into the shower and let the steamy water cascade over my skin.

"So why did you come over anyway if you knew I wasn't here?" I shout as I rinse the shampoo out of my hair.

"I was looking for one of my top..." Stella trails off like she's deeply concentrating on something.

"Stells?" I ask but get no reply.

I step out of the shower and dry my body, getting dressed once I am dry.

Unlocking the door, I enter my bedroom to see Stella with angry tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

"Stells? You okay?" I ask, concerned.

"I love reading, don't you." she says, her voice dripping with venom as she holds up a book that makes my heart drop.

My diary.

"You had no right-"

"I had no right? No, YOU had no right not to tell me. You have cancer Mara!" She yells and I look to the ground guiltily.

"I'm sorry I didn't-"

"You're sorry?! What, did you just forget to tell me you're going to die in 5 months? You're so fucking selfish Mara! Stop always thinking about your self for once and think about other people!"

"Stell-"

"Fuck off mara. Fuck off and never come near me again." she says, wiping away her tears viciously and storming out of my room, slamming the door behind her.

And that's how I lost my best friend.

💔••💔

:(((((

I'm trying to finish this guys, trust me. But it's hard to think of fillerssss.

Till next time

Xx

-Zoe 🐢💜