Seven:Forgiveness

Maya

Waking up and getting out of bed, I yawn but instantly regret it as I feel bile rise to my throat. I jump out of bed and run into the bathroom; where I just make it to the toilet before puking my guts out.

"What a pleasant wake up call." I mumble, wiping the sick away from my mouth with a tissue.

I shower, and brush my teeth, erasing the stench of throw up from my body. After I am washed and no longer smelly, I throw on a black Panic! top and some black leggings before heading downstairs.

Entering the kitchen, I am more than surprised when I see my mom at the stove, cooking breakfast.

"Mom?" I ask as if unsure it's actually her. She hasn't come out of her bedroom since...yeah...that.

"Hmm." She says not taking her eyes from the bacon she is cooking.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine dear." She says with a smile.
I nod even though she can't see me and sit on a stool at the counter.

When she finishes cooking the bacon, she turns around and begins to speak.

"I need to talk to you about something." She says with a serious face that worries me.
"What's the matter mom? Are you okay?" I ask with fear lacing my voice.
"Don't worry about me dear this is about you." She says solemnly, worrying me more.

"What about me?" I ask. I've never been important to her since that day.
As if she heard what I thought, she frowns and tears pool in her eyes. Another thing I haven't seen in a while.
"Oh baby I'm so sorry." She says, breaking down and pulling me into her.
"Mom what happened?" I ask holding her tightly.
"You're my daughter! What kind of mother isolates her own daughter? I don't deserve to be called a mother." She says as tears stream down her face.

"We all make mistakes mom." I say, trying to calm her down by rubbing her back.
"What I did wasn't a mistake, it was pure cruelty." She sobs.
"You're my mom, I don't care what you do, you'll always be my mother. You were upset about dad."
"And so were you but you still actually attempted to speak to me, unlike myself." She says pulling away and looking me in the eyes.

"Everyone deserves a second chance, mom." I say, grabbing her hand.
"After what I've lit you though you'll do that?" She says, sniffling.
"Of course I will, you're my mother and I love you."

She pulls me in again and holds me tightly.
"I love you too honey, always."

I smile in contentment. It hasn't been the same for a while and I was relieved I had my mother back. I needed her a lot.

Before having the chance to enjoy the moment a little longer, my throat turns sour and I feel the bile rise again. I rush to the sink and gag, throwing up again in the process. I feel my mom come and rub my back.

Once I am finished, I wipe my mouth.

"Well that was unexpected." She says making me shake my head.
"Are you okay?" She asks with a worried expression.
"Yeah, its been going on for about a week now, probably just a big or something." I say and she slightly relaxes but still looks troubled.

"Okay, but if I carries on tell me and I'll take you to see a doctor." She says and I nod.

"Well I better get on with the housework, if you need anything, tell me." She says and I nod, going upstairs.

Thank god it's Saturday.

👀••👀

What's wrong with Mara?

Is it just a bug or something else?

Gonna have to wait and see ;)

Xx

-Zoe 🐺