Fourteen:Isolated

Mara

There is absolutely nothing I can say.

I insisted on going home even though my mom didn't want me there because of how sick I was.

I was told it would get worse as the weeks go by but there was no way I was spending the remainder of my life in a hospital bed.

My mom has given me some space because I definitely need to think things over.

I am lying on my bed, trying not to cry again as I think of what I am going to miss out on, when I hear a knock at the window.

I ignore it, thinking it was a bird but then the knocking comes again.

I huff and drag myself to the window.

When I open it I almost fall back in surprise.

"Dylan? What are you doing here?"

Dylan

I sit in the middle of my room with my head in my hands.

I can't lose her.

After our breakdown in the hospital it was too overwhelming what was happening. My mom gave me space but all I kept thinking about was how many things she wouldn't be able to do.

Today was meant to be a good day. I was going to make her mine. Show her every day how I feel about her. Marry her, have kids with her, grow old with her, and now all of that's nothing because she will be gone in 6 months.

No.

I won't let it happen. I won't let her go afraid and alone. I will make her last moments the best and she will die knowing how much I love her.

I stand up and open my window as quiet as I can, careful not to alert my mom. I climb out and head to the place I know best.

"Dylan? What are you doing here?" Mara asks with a shocked look on her face.

"Mara," I breathe before clambering in.

"What's the matter Dylan?" She asks, worry lacing her voice.

"Mara, I don't ever ever want to lose you. I know eventually I will have to let go but you mean so so much to me. I'm so in love with you Mara, you have no idea. Even if I'm going to lose you soon I will not lose you without knowing you were all mine; that I got to show you how much you are loved and cared for." I breathe in and out, trying to calm myself down and stop the tears.

"I love you, Mara Evergreen. Will you make me so so happy and become my girlfriend?"

🌺••🌺

Finally something happy...it is it?

What's the reply Mara?

Xx

-Zoe 🐺