Six:Feelings

Maya

We spent a while talking just in his bedroom. He told me what it's like moving around and how he doesn't bother to get close to new people.

I told him some things that happened in my life too, not at all interesting. I didn't tell him about mom, though, I don't like people's pity.

After a while, I had to leave and he drove me home.

I sigh and sit on my bed. "So much for telling him how I feel." I mumble under my breath.

What am I meant to do?

Signing again, I decide this is something to think about tomorrow and I get in my nightclothes and snuggle down in bed.

The fact that I've got Dylan back puts me to sleep straight away as I drift into a dreamless sleep.

Dylan

I'm such a wuss.

I could have told her, I had so many chances to just tell her how I felt and I backed out of it.

Why can't I do it?

Because I'm scared okay?

If I lose her, I've not only lost someone I love but I've lost my best friend too. If she doesn't feel the same way then my life is over and she's gone.

But she has to feel the same way. Right?

She should have at least noticed how different I act around her right?

Maybe she thinks that it's because she's your best friend.

My conscience tells me but I ignore it, that's not how best friends act.

I've thrown hints, of course, but when I used to flirt with her she thought it was all a joke. I even tried to do it when she came over to mine, but 4 years later, she still hasn't realised how much I care about her. And not as just friends.

I have to tell her and I know it but I'm seriously scared.

She wouldn't hate me right?

Right?

Ugh! I'm sick of trying to guess what she's going to say. I'm telling her, tomorrow. No backing out.

Or maybe I could just...

NO!

I'm telling her tomorrow and that's that.

❣️••❣️

It's short but I tried.

Xx

-Zoe 🐺