Thirty-Five: Burritos, doritos, and pepsi in wine glasses

Mara's dress and makeup (I know her hair is blonde but I liked this photo-just imagine it brown lmao)

Mara

"Are you done yet?" Dylan groans impatiently through the bathroom door.

"I'm nearly done!" I shout back, getting some pink lip gloss and putting it on my lips.

After I'm done, I smooth out my red dress and pull my curled hair to the sides.

I unlock the bathroom door and see Dylan sitting on the bed looking at his phone.

I clear my throats to get his attention and he lifts his head to look at me.

A smile forms on his face as soon as he sees me and he stands up.

He clears his throat nervously.

"Should we go?" He asks and I nod, holding his hand and entwining my fingers with his.

*************

"Can I open my eyes yet?" I ask impatiently, for the tenth time.

"If you say that one more time I'm taking you to the hotel to pack your things and we're leaving." He says as he forces me to keep walking.

I feel grass beneath my feet and I knit my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Are you leading me to the edge of a cliff to kill me?" I say suspiciously and hear Dylan chuckle from behind me.

"I will in a minute." He jokes. "Okay...now you can open your eyes."

I open my eyes and see a blanket in front of me.

On the blanket is a small open basket with plates and cutlery in. Sorry out over it are so many kinds of foods which just so happen to be my favourite.

There are burritos, tacos, doritos and muffins spread over the blanket in a "romantic" way and there are two wine glasses next to a bottle of Pepsi.

Okay I underestimated how good Dylan was at planning a date.

This is fricking amazing!

The last thing I see, right at the edge of the blanket is a single rose.

I find myself smiling at this subtle touch as my heart swells.

"Dylan it's..."

"It's just a blanket and some doritos, Mara." He says laughing. "But I'd only do this for one girl." He adds, wrapping he's arms around me and kissing my cheek. "Let's eat all this food." He chuckles.

This is definitely going to be the best date ever.

💙••💙
At the end of this week I'm going on my break.

Can I finish it?

I don't know. Depends if I have the effort.

Xx

-Zoe 💜🐢