Twenty-One:Police station

Mara

Shit

That is the only word my brain can produce at this moment.

"Over here." Dylan mines to me, beckoning me towards a gap between the lockers.

We just manage to squeeze in before hearing one of the officers come up the stairs. I find myself holding in a breath, hoping he doesn't find us.

Unfortunately, my prayers aren't answered.

I close my eyes and try to stay calm, however I open them when someone clears their throat.

Reluctantly opening my eyes and looking up, my heart plummets to my feet as I see a police officer looking straight back at me.

🤦‍♀️••🤦‍♀️

"You're so stupid! This is your fault!" I say in the back of the police car to Dylan.

"Hey! It was on your stupid bucket list!" He defends himself.

"You told me to make it!"

"And if I told you to just off a cliff would you do it?"

"Yeah, to get away from you!"

"That would be a relief to all of us wouldn't it?"

"If you two don't stop right now, I swear to god I will no longer be the one in the drivers seat of a police car!!" The driver shouts, silencing us both.

"Why did you have to put me in the same car as him?" I retort.

"Trust me, it's worse from my point of view." Dylan scoffs.

"Oh yeah? Well-"

"FOR GODS SAKES SHUT UP!" The driver yells and we immediately clamp out mouths shut.

"Now, we are going to arrive at the station..." he says slowly, as if we are children. "Silently, and then I will make sure someone else questions you because I can't stand being in a car for five minutes with you two, let alone be in a room with you for more than ten." He says calmly and we stay quiet.

"Good."

🌷••🌷

When we arrive at the police station, we are escorted in by the officer.

Walking in, I keep my head down just for safe measures.

"Take these two please, there's no way I'm spending another minute with the both of them." He says tiredly and walks away.

"Who might you two be then?" He asks.

That voice sounds familiar.

I look up to answer the question and my eyes widen.

"Uncle Maverick?"

😋••😋

And who might you be??

I don't know I'm making this up as I go along.

Just a filler :)

Xx

- Zoe 🐺