Chapter 11

Lucie walked out of her front door and began walking the short distance to Louis' apartment. Thoughts swarmed and buzzed through her head like a swarm of angry bees.

She couldn't deny the anxious twists in her stomach as she wondered what direction their conversation would go. The last time they had spoken the conversation had not gone well, to say the least and pure fear of it happening again was almost enough to make her turn back. However, the thought of her brother made her continue.

Harry and Louis were almost inseparable. They were Larry frickin Stylinson, for heavens sake. The thought of her being the reason for that perfect 'bromance' possibly ending was almost too much for her. Harry loved Louis like a brother, and Lucie sure as he'll wasn't going to let that end on her watch.

Lucie continued thinking of all the possible ways this conversation could go until she reached the little apartment.

Lucie took a deep breath before leaning forward and knocking on the door. She stood in silence awkwardly shifting on her feet until she heard movement behind the door. She heard the slide of the bolt and as the door opened she looked up to see one of the saddest things she had ever seen.

Her heart ached as she stared at Louis, who was leaning tiredly against the door. Dark shadows surrounded his dull eyes, his normally slightly tan skin seemed oddly pale and his normally happy blue eyes had a slight red tinge like he had been crying. Lucie had never seen him look so depressed and tired in the whole time she had known him.

"Hey Lou..." Lucie began awkwardly.

"Hey Luce" Louis croaked slightly.

"Can I come in?" Lucie said.

Instead of replying Louis simply moved out if the doorway and motioned for her to enter. Lucie nodded slowly before walking into the apartment. She continued her way through the apartment until she reached Louis' room. She had been here time and time again, sometimes with the boys and other times just her and Louis. Hell this had even been the place that got them all in this situation.

When she reached Lou's bedroom she was just as gobsmacked as she had been when she had seen Louis. To describe it simply...

It.

Was.

Trashed.

Draws had been ripped out from cupboards, a couple mirrors had been smashed and clothes lay scattered around the floor.

Lucie span around to look at Louis in pure horror. What had gone on here? Lucie's mouth opened and closed like a fish as she desperately tried to think Of any kind of words that could even begin to ask what she was wondering.

However, as she was about to speak up she was distracted by a dark red liquid dipping from Lou's hand.

Lucie ran up quickly to Louis to inspect his bleeding hand. She could see a few bits of glass stuck in his hand and there were a few gashes that were bleeding.

"OH MY GOD! Louis! What did you do?!" Lucie exclaimed.

Louis didn't reply and avoided her gaze. Flashes of the broken mirrors went through Lucie's mind.

"Where's the first aid kit?"

"Bathroom." Louis mumbled quietly still avoiding Lucie's gaze.

She nodded before running off to grab it. She skidded into the bathroom and looked through the cupboards until she found it. She continued looking through until she found some pain killers and grabbed a glass of water.

When she entered the room again, she found Louis in the exact same position as how she had left him.

"Sit down." Lucie said softly, however with authority clearly laced into her voice.