Chapter 1

It was a month and a half since the Styles' twin's birthdays and Lucie Styles found herself sat alone in the small kitchen of the large home she and her brother still shared. An almost never-ending silence filled the house like a dark depressing cloud that couldn't be shaken. The only sounds throughout the whole house were the rhythmic taps of Lucie's foot against the wooden floor and the quiet hum of the kettle.

Lucie twisted her bright red hair gently through her fingers, staring off blindly into the distance. Her red rimmed eyes, seemingly blank as she waited for the kettle to finish. In the distance she could hear her phone buzzing and snapping herself out of her trance she looked down at her phone, the screen lit up brightly. She read the caller ID and saw the name 'Hazza' glowing on the screen. Too tired to talk she let the phone continue ringing until it quietened and the silence returned.

Sighing, Lucie stood up and stretched out her muscles before moving over to her fridge and pulling out some milk just as the kettle silenced, telling her the water was boiled. She reached for it pouring the hot water into her cup about ¾ of the way before dropping in the tea-bag and pouring in a little milk and sugar. She took a sip of the hot drink before returning to her seat and resting her head on her arms.

Lucie was used to days like this. Felling too tired and drained to move unless it was for essentials. It was almost like all her energy had left her and now all that was left of the once insanely hyper girl was an empty shell who struggled to get up in the mornings. She knew why. It was hard to forget. She knew why that depressed cloud followed her. She knew why she didn't want to get up in the mornings.

It was because of him.

It had been 3 weeks since the boys had returned, 4 weeks since Lucie had last felt truly happy. Lucie sighed again, lifting her head into her hands and holding in the tears, but there were none left.

She had once been so happy. When she was with him, her made her feel complete. He was what she had been missing. He was the first thing she thought of in the morning and her last thought at night. It was him who could bring a smile to her face just by entering the room. She knew what they had been risky. There were so many obstacles they tackled for even a few minutes together but they tackled them. Why? Because they were in love.

Lucie scoffed to herself. Love? What was the point in it? It only hurt. Love had convinced her that what she had was worth fighting for. That what she had something so divine, so perfect it had to be protected. Now look at what love had brought her. A broken heart. What was the point?

She wished she could go back. Tell herself not to love him, not to trust him. Not to let herself look into his blue eyes and be dragged back every time she just wanted to give up. To not tackle the obstacles, they were meant to be there for a reason. Tell herself to just listen to Harry. He had warned her not to fall for his best friend but had she listened? No. Now look where she was.

Louis had hurt her.

Louis had broken her.

Now she was empty.

A shell of what she had been.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louis Tomlinson groaned as he felt bright sunlight burning against his eyelids. His head pounded painfully as his hangover steadily pounded against his skull like a hammer. He stirred on his bed trying to turn away from the sunlight that was beating down on him mercilessly. Unsuccessful, Louis gave up, slowly opening his eyes groggily, giving himself a chance to adjust to the ruthless light covering him. As his eyes stopped burning from the pain he stared around confused at the unfamiliar surroundings. The bright turquoise and white walls rebounded the light in a way in which, had it not been burning his brain, would of looked really nice. She instantly could tell it was a girl's room by the countless pictures of a pretty blond with friends, family etc.