Chapter 2

Lucie walked back home in silence, ignoring all the people around her, too engrossed in her own mind and thoughts to notice what was going on. The whole journey she thought about Louis. Where was he? What was he doing? Was he somewhere thinking about her, like she was thinking about him? Or was he simply with another girl, completely forgetting about her? She guessed it was probably the latter.

She continued walking until she reached her house. She paused outside the gates for a moment, checking if any of the boy's cars were parked up. When she was sure that the coast was clear, she walked through the gates and towards her large home. Grabbing her keys, she unlocked the door and walked inside and headed deeper into the house. She looked at everything, remembering all the great times she had here. This had been the place some of her favourite moments with Louis had taken place, as well as with the other boys. This was even the place where she and all of the boys had met way back when One Direction had been formed.

The only thing that stopped Lucie in her tracks as she walked, was when she reached the garden. She halted in her steps, her breath catching in throat. She had avoided the garden in her home for a long time. It held way too many heart-breaking memories for her to bear. She found it easier to remember all the bad things he had done rather than the times where she now couldn't work out whether what he said he felt was real or if he had lied about his feelings the whole time. How could he have honestly loved her, yet still do what he had?

The garden itself was almost exactly the same as it had been that night, no matter of what toils and heartbreaks that had changed her life- that place was still the same. That single perfect night was etched into her memory forever and no matter how hard she tried it wouldn't go away.

She stared at the lush green grass, the small flowers growing and the newly added pool. It looked almost exactly the same as it had on her 18th Birthday, when she had spent the night with Louis. She thought about that perfect moment when all her fears had washed away in a wave of pure love. She smiled slightly to herself when she thought of the even more perfect moment that had arrived when they got to his house the very same night.

"Luce! We're hooooommmeeee!" Lucie heard a voice shout from the distance.

She snapped out of her mind and rushed to the door, just in time to see Harry and the boys taking their coats off and walking in. To her relief Louis wasn't with them, but there was still that part of her that itched in corner of her mind, reminding her of how much she really missed the Doncaster lad, no matter what had happened. As far as she tried pushing it down, Lucie knew that couldn't deny the disappointed feeling that washed over her when she realised she hadn't gotten a chance to see him again.

"Hey Haz, guys..." Lucie said leaning against the wall.

She went around and gave everyone a quick hug before they all went to the living room and sat down. Lucie sat on Zayn's lap, cuddling into him slightly. Zayn chuckled, wrapping his arms tightly around the girl, resting his head on her shoulder. The pair laughed as they felt themselves receiving a fake angry look from Harry. Harry knew that the pair's emotions for each other were simply platonic, knowing that neither planned to change that anytime soon, but he did have a little fun teasing the two.

"Woah, Zucie!" Harry laughed, referring to them as their couple name, which had been invented by some lovely girls on tumblr. "Calm down a bit on the PDA!"

"I can't!" Zayn cried dramatically. "I love her too much!"

"I can't help it! I can't keep my hands away from him!" Lucie replied.

The group rolled their eyes at the pair, before turning back to the TV, the room falling into silence as they slipped back into watching whatever show was being seen. They watched in silence, a few comments being mentioned every now and again for a long time, before she heard knocking at the door.