meeting the mother-in-law

Sunday, November 1

New York

Jazzly Residence

(7:00 a.m.)

            “Miss Jasmine, you’re up?” Mr. Waters asked walking in.

“I am now” Jasmine muttered pressing her face against her satin pillows, “can you come back later? Like I don’t know… when I feel like waking up?” She asked sarcastically

“I have everything you asked for” Mr. Waters ignored her, “remember?… yesterday?”

“put them in the couch” Jasmine groaned, “I’ll get Theresa to put everything up later”

“Get up” Mr. Waters said taking off her satin sheets off of her, “get ready for breakfast”

“Noooo!!!!” Jasmine screamed, she sat up and glared at Mr. Waters, “Kevin I’m going to have an eventful day today, do you even consider giving me a break?”

“Nope” Mr. waters grinned

“thank you!” Jasmine groaned sarcastically as she stood up, “I’ll be down in a few”

“alright ma’am”

“call me Jasmine!” Jasmine screamed as she walked inside the restroom

“sure, jasmine” Kevin said before leaving the room.

Sunday, November 1

New York

Jazzly Residence

(7:38 a.m.)

            Jasmine walked outside the backyard patio where the breakfast was being served.

“Sorry I’m late” Jasmine said sitting down, “I’ll have blueberry pancakes with orange juice” She told Claudine, the maid. Claudine nodded and hurried inside

“Are you nervous, sweetie?” Marshall asked form the head of the table

“of course not” Jasmine said with a scoff, “why should I?”

“Well, since it’s the first time meeting Keith’s mother you should make a good first impression”

“father, you don’t have to worry about that” Jasmine said with a smile, “I always make a good impression”. She smiled as she looked around the table and noticed that the only ones missing were Jake, Greg, Mike and Cody. She figured they were still sleeping.

“Excuse me” Karen said standing up, “I’m not feeling good, I’m afraid I’m going to have to excuse myself from the table”

“you do look a bit pale” Marshall said, “why don’t you go rest for a while?”

“yes. I think might go do that” Karen said. Jasmine looked at her stared at her as she walked away and then turned to look at nick who was taking a drink from his coffee.

“Mr. Jazzly” Adrielle said with a smile, “I know you wanted me to stay but my manager called me from Hollywood and I have to leave in an hour, I’m sorry”

“No. No, its ok Adrielle” Marshall returned the smile, “I understand. Business before pleasure I always say”. Adrielle gave him a small nod as a response.

Sunday, November 1

New York

Jazzly Residence

(10:30 a.m.)

            Jasmine walked down the stairs graciously, as if her life depended on her messing up in any step. The Keith’s stood at the bottom being greeted by Her father and brothers, Tinsley, The Bernal’s and The Soriano’s. Heath looked up as he heard Jasmine approached and smiled

“Hello Jasmine” Heath said

“Hello Heath” Jasmine smiled back. Her eyes wandered to a lady in white, “you must be Mrs. Keith” she said, “nice to meet you, I’m Jasmine Jazzly”

“Well, you’re much more prettier than I expected” Mrs. Keith said snobbishly, “I like you. You don’t seem like a social climber”

“Thank you” Jasmine said with a smile she really wanted to say ‘that’s because I’m not’ but she wasn’t stupid enough to say something as rude as that to her future mother in law.

“my name is Sapphire Keith” Sapphire said as she looked Jasmine over, “I knew Gale had chosen right when he choose you to be my son’s wife”

“well, I’m glad you approve of my daughter sapphire” Marshall said, “Fred, please take their belongings to their designated rooms” He then turned to look at Andrew, “we’re heading over to our inside garden for brunch, if you’ll like to join us” he told the Keith’s.

“I would love to but I’m a bit wee tired from my trip” Sapphire said

“I don’t see why not” Andrew smiled.

“if you don’t mind Mr. Jazzly, I’ll like to spend some time with your daughter, alone”

“Call me Marshall, and no, by all means go on ahead, get to know each other”

“we could speak in the library” Jasmine said with a smile, “but first let me introduce you to my cousin” She turned to Tinsley, “Tinsley Worthington”. Heath turned to Tinsley and smiled,

“hello, pleasure meeting you”

“likewise” Tinsley smiled back

“it was nice seeing you again” Heath told Greg and Cody with a grin, “we’ll catch up later”

“sure” both boys said at the same time.