a date with the bro

Sunday, November 1

New York

Jazzly Residence

(6:30 p.m.)

            “Hey” Heath said walking inside Jasmine’s room. She sighted from where she was standing in front of her rotating closet.

“What are you doing?” Heath asked taking a drink out of his water

“getting dressed” Jasmine turned around and stared at Heath, “do you mind?” she asked rather rudely. She was standing there in silver skinny jeans, black heels and a black bra.

“not at all” Heath grinned throwing himself on Jazz’s bed. Jasmine rolled her eyes but decided to ignore him.

“where are you going?” Heath asked propping himself up with his elbows

“out” Jasmine turned and stared at him, “so please behave yourself while I’m gone”. She didn’t wait for him to reply as she grabbed a shirt. Turned her heel and walked into the restroom.

Sunday, November 1

New York

Le Bernardin

(7:30 p.m.)

            Jasmine smiled flirtily at the host as he showed them to their seat.

“Honey, don’t forget those eyes are only for me” Jake said as he leaned over to whisper in her ear.

“I’ll keep that in mind sweetheart” Jasmine giggled as they were seated. She reached over and placed her hand on top of his, “where’s your ex?”

“look to your left but don’t make it obvious”.

Jasmine smiled and pretended to look around in enthusiasm. Then she saw her, long wavy black hair, dark eyes, red lips and fair skin, glaring right at her. She pretended to look around some more before turning back to Jake with a smile.

“Natasha is your ex?” She asked amused.

“Laugh all you want Jazz”

“I’m not laughing” Jasmine said with a grin.

            “mmm, Jake, this pasta is so good” Jasmine said, “here try it”

“it is good” Jake said as he took a bite out of Jazz’s fork

“you know what makes it taste better?” Jasmine asked softly, “the fact that you’re paying for this”

Jake smirked.

“Hi”. Both Jasmine and Jake looked up and stared at Natasha, who was standing right next to their table. Her date was nowhere to be seen.

“oh, hello” Jasmine said faking a British accent.

“Hi Jake, wasn’t expecting you here” Natasha said completely ignoring Jasmine.

“you weren’t? and why not? This is a good restaurant after all” He then gestured to Jasmine, “I want you to meet my girlfriend Mona Stone. Mona, honey this is Natasha”

“His other girlfriend” Natasha said bitchily

“what?” Jasmine’s face clouded with confusion.

“my ex-girlfriend” Jake said quickly, “and Natasha, that’s no way to talk to my girl”

“Jake, I know I’ve been a bitch but I’m sorry ok? I want to get back with you”

“Jake” Jasmine said, “do we leave or do we stay to watch this girl make a fool of herself?”

“excuse me?” Natasha turned to stare at Jasmine, “you’re calling me a fool when you have a ridiculous name like Mona?”

“It’s Mona Stone” Jasmine said icily, “memorize that name because you’ll be hearing it a lot”

“Let’s go babe” Jake said standing up, “we have to go take that bath that I promised”. Jasmine looked up at Jake and giggled. She stood up and laced her arm with Jake, leaving a very angry Natasha behind.

Sunday, November 1

New York

Jake’s car

(8:20 p.m.)

            “ok what was that?” Jasmine asked, “I thought it was going to be dinner. Not dinner and a show”

“well, I wasn’t expecting what happened either” Jake said, “it was immature, I cant believe I liked her”. Jasmine pursed her lips together.

“ok like I promised” Jake smiled, “I’ll tell you the first thing you should know”

“ok, I’m listening”

“the blue diamond necklace you have around your neck belonged to Reyna’s great-great-great grandfather. It is said that the necklace has powers”

“Jake” Jasmine screamed, “I don’t believe in ghost stories”

“listen to me Jasmine, everyone that has hold that necklace has died. Now I’m not saying its true but what I’m trying to tell you is that if it falls in the wrong hands it’ll be really , really wrong”

Jasmine let out a nervous laughed,

‘is that why we have to keep it hidden?”

“Jazz, I know you don’t really believe me but its true, just be careful”

“I’ll be careful” Jasmine smiled and gave Jake a small squeeze in his hand.