Breakfast with a hangover

Tuesday, October 20

San Diego

South California Academy

(7:10 a.m.)

Jasmine, Greg and Cody all looked like they hadn't slept all night. All three looked tired and Jasmine had her head down on the cafeteria table.

"this headache is killing me" She grumbled without looking up

"What's wrong baby?" Elle asked placing her hand on Greg's arm

"we stayed up rehearsing all night" Greg lied. Jasmine finally looked up and placed her head on Cody's shoulder. Jessica didn't mind. She was never the jealous type. Besides Jasmine and Cody were practically siblings.

"hey guys" Donovan said walking up to their table, "mind if I sit here?"

"nah" Alexiandra said.

"someone send a video to Megan of me and some girl, any idea who?" He asked sitting down looking at everyone's faces. Jasmine shook her head before looking at Mary from the corner of her eyes but she looked surprised.

Everyone but Jasmine looked at Manuel when he arrived.

"What's with the silence?" he asked taking a seat next to Jasmine.

"Nothing dude, what's up?" Jesse said. All the guys gave Manuel one of their handshakes that Jasmine never knew how to do, nor she cared to learn.

"Hey Jazz" He said turning to her, "how are you?"

"been better" she said not even turning to him.

"I'm sorry for yesterday"

"whatever" she picked her head off of Cody's arm. And reached over to steal some toast from Alexiandra's tray

"Hey Jazz what are you gonna wear to the dance?" D'vonni asked.

"I'm not sure, but I'm sure I can pull anything off since I'm such a hypocrite" Jasmine said with sarcasm in her voice and saying 'hypocrite' with anger. Everyone at the table looked at her confused.

"oh, c'mon" Manuel said angrily, "I said I was sorry"

"he called you a hypocrite?" Donovan asked, "well , that's a nice way to get a girl back". He chuckled

Manuel sighted and looked up leaning up against his chair. Jasmine looked down finding her fingernails interesting while feeling quite childish for saying something that stupid.

"Anyways" Alexiandra said, "I vote for a change of subject"

"Agree" Mary said. She had been tapping away at her cell.

"What's up with those guys?" Donovan asked glancing at Jasmine, Greg and Cody "

They practiced last night" Jessica said, "but if you ask me they were drinking all night"

"is that true baby?" Elle asked Greg

"No" Greg scoffed, "I wouldn't be here if I had".

Jasmine rolled her eyes at Elle's clingy-ness. God help her, she wanted to smack that girl.

Tuesday, October 20

San Diego South California Academy

(7:25 a.m.)

After leaving the cafeteria Jasmine dragged Mary away from the group.

"you didn't send that video to Megan did you?" Jasmine asked when they were finally by themselves.

"of course not" Mary said looking offended, "I took pictures not videos"

"was anyone else there?"

"No... unless... yeah, it was" Mary's eyes grew bright, the way they always did when she knew something and was always right.

"What?" Jasmine's eyes widened.

"I'll bet she recorded the whole thing... Cathalina, I mean"

"well, that explains" Jasmine said flipping her hair, "what are we doing about it?"

"nothing, I'm going to class" Mary said really not caring. She didn't understand why Jasmine cared, it wasn't her life.