Chapter 18 - It Takes Two to Tango

Just because one season of your life is over does not mean your entire life is over.
Get a bigger vision.
-Joel Osteen

I need a love that grows
I don't want it unless I know
With each passing hour
Someone somehow
Will be there
Ready to share.

I need a love that's strong
I'm so tired of being alone
But will my lonely heart
Play the part
Of the fool again
Before I begin

Foolish heart
Hear me callin'
Stop before
You start fallin'
Foolish heart
Heed my warnin'
You've been wrong before
Don't be wrong anymore…

Harvey was singing along the song on the car radio while they were driving their way home. They have dropped off Louie and Raffie in Forte where the latter’s car was parked.

Quino, on the other hand, went straight to his condo despite his insistence to accompany the ladies in going home.

They spent more than two hours in the restaurant, but Harvey felt it was the shortest time of dinner he had ever attended. He still wanted to spend time with Louie because he seriously missed her, but he knew that she was badly needed by her best friend that very moment.

Marami pa namang pagkakataon. Importante magkasama na ulit kami,’ he thought with anticipation.

Feelin' that feelin' again
I'm playin' a game I can't win
Love's knockin' on the door
Of my heart once more
Think I'll let her in
Before I begin

Foolish Heart
Hear me callin'
Stop before
You start fallin'
Foolish heart
Heed my warnin'
You've been wrong before
Don't be wrong anymore
Foolish heart…

“Hey, teka…ba’t mo naman nilipat, Kuya?!” Harvey exclaimed as Robert changed the FM station.

“You should tune in to a station that plays better kind of music,” Robert said wryly.

“Ako, Kuya? Ako ang pinagsasabihan mo nyan? Nakakalimutan mo bang DJ ako sa station na yun? What is your problem?” Harvey asked, his eyes growing big in displeasure at hearing his brother’s statement.

Instead of answering his brother, Robert demanded, “Please, stop this car. Ikaw na muna ang dumirecho sa bahay.”

“Bakit? Saan ka pa ba pupunta?” Harvey asked, doing as he was told.

“May kakausapin lang ako,” Robert replied as he went out of the car at once. He hailed a taxi cab and told the driver, “Fritz Tower in Ortigas.”

Fritz Tower?’ Harvey thought, suddenly feeling a fit of anxiety. ‘Doon nakatira si Kuya Quino, ah.’

He was about to go out of the car when the cab sped off, and before long it was out of his sight.

***********************

“Ang kapal naman pala ng Vince na yun! Grabe sya, Chum. He’s not worth your tears!” Louie exclaimed, totally indignant but still keeping her voice low to avoid waking up Raffie’s parents.