Chapter 5 - Amazed

Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.
- Confucius

“Forte School of Performing Arts…perfect!” Quino elatedly declared as he stood in front the building with Robert.

He was already envisioning the high-visibility signage on the building’s front wall. He and Robert just finished surveying the interior of the building and already made some initial plans about the fixtures and facilities they would like to add. They had also contacted an interior decorator to help them with the kind of arrangement they need.

“Tamang-tama, two months from now we can start accepting enrollees.”

“O sige, by the end of the week let’s finalize everything so we could also start hiring instructors,” Robert said. Just as he was about to go to his car, his phone rang.

It was Harvey. “I see…okay, see you there.” He turned to Quino and said, “Si Harvey, on the way na daw sila.”

“All right, let’s go para maka-order na tayo. Sobrang pagod na rin ako, I need to rest,” Quino said as he also started to walk towards his vehicle.

They decided to dine at a steak house in Eastwood City Walk 1. They reached the restaurant immediately since it was only a few blocks away from the building.

Robert and Quino were led to a table for five as soon as they entered the steak house. Quino, who was obviously starving, took the menu from the waiter and scanned it. “Matagal pa ba sila Harvey?” he asked.

“On the way na nga raw, but you can order ahead,” Robert replied while texting. “I’ll just wait for them.”

“Ano bang meron at may celebration kamo yung group ni Harvey at bakit ka naman napasali bigla sa kanila? Na-promote ba sya?” Quino inquired, still scanning the menu.

“Hindi sya. Si Miss Raffie,” Robert answered briefly.

“Sinong Raffie?”

“Andali mo ata makalimot. She was introduced to us about two weeks ago while we were in MOA, remember?” Robert said, looking at Quino who seemed to be scanning through his thoughts. “Ibang klase ka talaga, bro. Ang ganda-gandang babae kinakalimutan mo lang!”

Quino made a face and shook his head. “Ikaw ba naman ang tambakan ng katakot-takot na responsibilidad sa malaking kumpanya maiisip mo pa ba ang mga bagay na ‘yan?” he said wryly. “O, so what about her?”

“Magiging co-teacher ko na sya sa College of Music,” Robert declared with a hint of excitement in his voice.

Quino didn’t seem to be interested at his friend’s reply. He finally decided to order a large Rib-Eye steak. “I see,” he said flatly, placing the menu on the table. “So why do you sound as if you’re quite excited with it? Don’t tell me you’re interested in courting her? I hope you remember our agreement.”

“Bakit? Kung humahanga ka ba sa isang babae ibig ba sabihin liligawan mo agad, huh?” Robert quipped, annoyed at hearing his friend’s reminder. “Ang labo mo, Bro…pag nakilala mo si Miss Raffie malamang makaka-relate ka sa akin.”

“Relate? Siguro, but not now since it’s not my priority. Sa ngayon, wala akong oras at interes para dyan,” Quino asserted.