Chapter 15 (Part 1) - It All Started with Music

• Dedicated to To everyone who patiently waited for my updates and those who voted for this sto

“Meeting you was fate,
becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over."
- Anonymous

“Alright, let’s do this!” His face etched with a big smile, Quino excitedly hopped inside his white Lexus IS and carefully placed a pink-colored Ecuadorian rose and a medium-sized pot of pink peony on the front passenger seat.

He adjusted the rearview mirror and gazed at his reflection with utmost satisfaction. He was looking very soignée in his black tuxedo and tangerine tie. As he started the engine and held the steering wheel, he began to chant the song he was going to sing later that morning.

…We celebrate Your love, we celebrate each other
We celebrate the One who joined our hearts together,
And in this holy place of tenderness and grace
We worship You and celebrate Your love…

It was D-day for Raymund and Kate, but he felt it would also be an eventful day for him. There was something that was making him really happy…extraordinarily happy, in fact. That big, confident smile has never left his face since he went out of the moviehouse with Raffie last Monday evening.

Quino’s eyes danced with giddy pleasure as he remembered that night. That night when he listened attentively to Raffie as she animatedly shared about “The Tale of the Three Roses and a Song.”

It was the night that inspired him to come up with a brilliant idea.

(Flashback – Monday evening after watching the movie)

“Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na ang isang VP ng malaking kumpanya eh kasing lakas ko pala tumawa pag nanonood ng romcom film!” Raffie exclaimed as she walked along the mall side by side with Quino. They decided to have a Dimsum dinner after the movie.

“Kahit sino naman siguro maaaliw sa storyline nung movie…lalo na sa mga banat ng mga characters,” Quino quipped. “Teka…sa tingin mo ba hindi ako marunong tumawa?”

“Hindi naman. Kaso nung una tayong magkita ibang-iba lang talaga yung aura mo noon, eh. And if my memory serves me right, dito din yun sa mall na ito. Tapos kahit na nung mga sumunod na meetings natin, you’ve been really that typically reserved man – yun bang, isang tanong-isang sagot. Actually, siguro kung hindi tayo nagkasama sa mga practices, hanggang ngayon yun pa rin ang impression ko sa’yo.”

“In other words, yung first impression mo sa’kin eh masungit ako?” Quino looked at Raffie with a slightly worried expression.

“Hmmm…parang ganun na nga…pero hindi naman siguro ako nag-iisa for having that kind of idea about you, diba?” Raffie confessed candidly. “Pero natutuwa ako dahil ngayong gabi narinig kitang tumawa nang malakas.”

“Eh bakit kanina parang hesitant ka pa nung sinabi ko na sasamahan kitang manood ng movie?” Quino asked her, now looking amused at her honest confession.

Raffie laughed softly. “Kasi nga hindi ko ma-imagine na manonood ka nung ganung movie. I mean…basta, parang nanibago lang siguro ako.”

“Is that the only reason?” Quino asked her, looking unconvinced at her answer.

Raffie, who was looking straight ahead, immediately stared up at